New Everton Stadium Discussion

So our Billionaire owner has now been reduced to hitching up Everton's skirt and pimping us out to prospective investors at a conference.

Are we supposed to be dumb enough to believe that is how massive deals are done in Football...

I know for a fact Spurs/Haringey/Populous attended MIPIM a few years on the trot before our stadium got going. It's the biggest event of its kind in the world. It might not even be about the stadium itself but about enabling developments or other things around Liverpool Waters (and that's how the article reads as well). Not unusual for the club to be there at this stage.

I wouldn't start worrying unless the timelines set out a few months ago slip (i.e. renders in the summer, planning later in the year).

FRAUDHAD LAD DON'T YOU KNOW

Its just really funny watching these people.

OMG STADIUM NEWS TO SELL SEASON TICKETS.

Totally ignoring that the club really doesnt care about selling tickets anymore, we get more money each season for having our games on Sky, like they care about John From Old Swan not renewing a 500 notes a season ticket.

Its just really funny watching these people.

OMG STADIUM NEWS TO SELL SEASON TICKETS.

Totally ignoring that the club really doesnt care about selling tickets anymore, we get more money each season for having our games on Sky, like they care about John From Old Swan not renewing a 500 notes a season ticket.

This is true, i was promised that i would get a refund for Lincoln, since i got in 30 minutes into the game, they never sent it, twice i emailed to ask what happened, twice i got a reply saying sorry we will look into it, an that was that, makes no odds to them, what are they going to do if i stop going on protest, just sell my season ticket to someone else, they really dont care.
They care about the wider community, because its good PR, but the fans mean nothing these days

This is true, i was promised that i would get a refund for Lincoln, since i got in 30 minutes into the game, they never sent it, twice i emailed to ask what happened, twice i got a reply saying sorry we will look into it, an that was that, makes no odds to them, what are they going to do if i stop going on protest, just sell my season ticket to someone else, they really dont care.
They care about the wider community, because its good PR, but the fans mean nothing these days

I was just being edgy for likes really.

But crap that they have robbed your dough, I really cba even going the cup games the last few years.

Sad, but true.

Please read the article, it's about attracting investment to the surrounding area of the stadium site.

There will be investors interested in hotels and restauants/buildings around the site, as currently there's nothing there apart from the titanic and the bramley moore pub. A lot of potential.

My only concern is the lack of transport infrastructure. I'd like a DLR a long the docks but don't really think that's realistic.

Please read the article, it's about attracting investment to the surrounding area of the stadium site.

There will be investors interested in hotels and restauants/buildings around the site, as currently there's nothing there apart from the titanic and the bramley moore pub. A lot of potential.

My only concern is the lack of transport infrastructure. I'd like a DLR a long the docks but don't really think that's realistic.

There will be plenty of investment in the local area strangely did my masters dissertation on how this acts as a catalyst for commercial property.

We build it they will come whether or not we go Cannes for Prosecco and caviar.