• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That bit in bold genuinely scares me, I think there's a feeling that we are too good/spent too much to go down, and it's just not true, whilst I think there are 3 teams just about worse than us this season, if something doesn't change soon then next season could be very different, and I honestly think if we were ever to be relegated, i'm not sure we'd ever come back up again.

I'm probably being dramatic and still in sulking mode because of that performance but honestly i'm so fed up of how pants we've been for quite some time now.
It's happened to a fair few clubs over the years - Villa probably the highest profile, but Leeds, Forest even Sheffield Wednesday have paid the price for terminal apathy from the owners and the fans.

He was let down by his defenders and goalkeeper today. But equally he made a disgracefully negative sub to bring on an out of form player returning from injury, and to invite pressure. Even if we'd won it was the wrong sub because it's asking to be under the cosh against an average team.

To lose from that position is not acceptable and I've no faith in him. Whether he will be here next season I've no idea. Whether I want him to be here next season, I'm not sure either. He's 1 step forward and 3 back this season. His defensive work looks amateurish.

A very very bad day for him and for us.

It's one of them though. If he brought Mina on at 2-1 when we were under the cosh and it ended 2-1 (as it has worked for lots of teams) then we'd be praising him for this game.

he changed the shape to one that we cant play - we weren't retaining the ball and midfiled was second to everything - Davies should have come on

Everton Net Spend since start of 16/17 - £151.9m
Newcastle - £3.53m (source transfermarkt)
We're now only 3 points ahead of them. Newcastle were a basket case club in the Championship at the start of 16/17 and we were embarking upon a new monied era under Moshiri.
The most striking difference between the two clubs is that somehow they had a manager who'd won the Champs league, 2 La liga's, Europa league and FA cup whereas our 3 permanent managers, in the top leagues, could barely scrape a couple of cup wins between them over a total period in management not far away from half a century.
A few of us brave souls were championing Benitez in summer 2016 as he was so overwhelmingly clearly the best candidate that we could realistically attain. I don't blame Moshiri but it's a crying shame BK and the board didn't have the guts to make an unpopular decision to give the club the best change of success it's had in decades.
We just threw it away. As players Rafael was a journeyman and Koeman world class. Imagine having the chance to bring one of these players to EFC and choosing Rafael simply because Koeman had been a red. It would be a crazy decision and that's essentially what we did.
All this is inconsequential mate it comes under...

Transition

Which basically means we can play league one football and be a laughing stock whilst the manager gets off scot free..

This is what infuriates me - We are 11th and the club/fans dont care.

All we cared about is trying to stop that lot winning the league. If we lose ah well another season eh lads ha ha.

Its baffling how its got to this point. If he isnt sacked come the seasons end then thats me officially done with this schitshow of a club. I could accept it in the dark days when we were on the brink and potless as atleast we had managers/players who could get stuck in and who you could relate with.

The whole club is a disgrace from deluded owner to luvvy chairman to clueless manager to spineless players to apethetic fans and im not letting them ruin anymore of my weekends - life is too short.
Exactly mate, I'm absolutely amazed that we are still in the prem with a board and fans as bad as these.

Said it numerous times and will say it again - never wanted him - if he does get a stay of execution this summer he won't see Christmas and we'll be in the bottom three for sure and the cycle will continue for another 18 months at least.
We need to find/buy a world class manager or its the Villa trail for us nailed on.

My sentiments exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.