Votes: 394 49.0%
  • Alright

Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still absolutely ashamed that we rocked up to Amsterdam 2 years ago with £24m in our back pocket and asked for Klassen instead of the likes of Ziyech, De Jong, Neres, Dolberg, Van Der Beek, De Ligt & Kluivert

Those players arent even top of the Dutch league.

Lets not get giddy because they get a good result against the worst real Madrid team for a generation.

They don’t have to match the wages, we will probably just have to make up the short fall. The same if we sent him in loan. All of the big clubs who’ve wasted money are in the same boat.

We just have to take it on the chin and get these players out.

If your talking about loaning the player out then yes we would make up the shortfall ( which I've said in my post we would hope a club pays the majority of the wage and we pay the remaining )

If your talking about just releasing players to get rid of them that ain't gonna happen

Sandro is on 100k a week with 2 years left so there's 10m straight off. He ain't just gonna walk away from 10m and we ain't gonna just give him 10m off the bat. We have 3/4 players like this and before you know it we've spent 30/40m to get rid of players and half of our summer budget has gone.

If your talking about loaning the player out then yes we would make up the shortfall ( which I've said in my post we would hope a club pays the majority of the wage and we pay the remaining )

If your talking about just releasing players to get rid of them that ain't gonna happen

Sandro is on 100k a week with 2 years left so there's 10m straight off. He ain't just gonna walk away from 10m and we ain't gonna just give him 10m off the bat. We have 3/4 players like this and before you know it we've spent 30/40m to get rid of players and half of our summer budget has gone.
I think he'd talking about selling the player then making up the difference in wages. So Sandro at £100k a week goes somewhere where he is on £40k a week, we pay the £60k difference buy still save on the other £40k.

you wanted us to pay £50 mil for Dolberg who is crap lol
I think it was 60m. To be fair though, he had Klaassen pegged from the beginning.

I never said £50-60mil for Dolberg...

As @carolinablue232 says i didnt want Klaassen at all.

I championed Dolberg, Sanchez and De Ligt.

Thats Dolberg whose their 5th best performer according to whoscored and whose slotted 10 goals in 12 starts and 5 sub and who is 21 still.

Sanchez who went to spurs for £45mil

De Ligt now rated at around £70mil

So i didnt do too badly and would love all 3 at the club now.

Thats Dolberg whose their 5th best performer according to whoscored and whose slotted 10 goals in 12 starts and 5 sub and who is 21 still.

Mate it’s like shooting fish in a barrel with any Ajax player under 21 really.

If I am being honest, I know the positions we need to address this upcoming window... but I haven't the faintest idea who we should target and who is likely. Would any of you give me some player recommendations so I can research who they are?

I was thinking about Dolberg the other day.

Whe nive seen him he looks alright, and he has a good scoring record.

But he's the same age as DCL, is DCL worse than Dolberg? I dont think he is, given the game time and supply line for Ajax in the Eredivisie, i reckon DCL would match or better Dolbergs totals

I don’t know how it works and I doubt you do.

And every sale/agent may agree on different things. But if Sandro left in this summer for another team in 50k a week deal then that’s a 5mil short fall . Maybe we pay him a smaller amount as a pay off or over the length of the remaining contract.

I very much doubt Werder Bremen are paying klassen what we did.

Status
Not open for further replies.