2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rapidly becoming the scapegoat I see
Brought to the team to score goals and the first half yesterday we needed a goal. The other half of it was that everytime he touched the ball he lost it. He was getting rundown by Manga and when he had chances to show a bit of skill (like what Bernard was able to provide) he look like his head was going through 64810738403 decisions and none were translating to his feet

I don’t think his performance drop.

It’s rather defenders learn how to contain him, it’s very easy, to be honest. His runs or so call dribble is always in a straight line with no twist and turn or change of direction. All they have to do is to follow his run and exert a tad of physicality and he will lose the ball and ends up barging into defenders.

Lack of dribbling ability is the main reason. He is basically playing the same way as he did at the start of season, the only difference is defenders learning his flaws and he had no answer to it.

If he has been found out by defenders and he can't vary his approach what is the answer? Clearly he scores now and then but what else does he contribute apart from that?

If he has been found out by defenders and he can't vary his approach what is the answer? Clearly he scores now and then but what else does he contribute apart from that?

He has to improve his awareness. Learn that his teammate is there to help him get out of cul de sac if only he is willing to pass and expand his repertoire in tight situation.
He has natural ability to improve, someone needs to convince him different approach.

Tbf the same can be said about Gylfi. I’m going to get a lot of crap because of yesterday’s performance but it’s been accurate the whole season

Rightly subbed looks to have an attitude problem his face coming off, but give him his due at least he came off for Bernard.......who did more in ten minutes than he did the whole game , and never fell over........

indeed...i'm not saying he is playing well at the moment by any stretch but the criticism is very harsh...and i would prefer he gets frustrated and shows emotion than not caring a jot

I agree, I want players to show emotion, the problem is though mate the emotions he is showing are whinging and sulking. Now I rate him big style, and I know he is only 21, but he needs to grow a set and just get on with it otherwise he will never get out of this run of form he's in.

Status
Not open for further replies.