Old Everton Pictures

Home James from Wavertree used to do Everton's big away game FA cup ones etc -I remember going to Villa park for the City game ..... trying to forget that ....... traffic jams and an awful game & result... late on......
lawrence's from the valley , for years the choice of travel for away trips, god they must have been awful for police to control or to drive for some right characters on board those trips.

A legend arrives. With a full head of hair.

Crown Coaches anyone? Used to do first pick up from outside the Alt cinema Maghull iirc? I can’t remember for the life of me the name of the travel agent I used to go to on the edge of the the Square near the subway exit.
In the early 60s and so on, I'm sure that Crown used to leave from Bevington Hill by Scottie Road, not picking up anyone on the way, but making a few
stops on the Lancs roundabouts on the way back (After the drivers 'Whip Round'). Also I think that Crown main coach park was at the top of Upper-
Parliament Street (Near Crown St.) I can remember going there to pick up my Rattle or scarf the next day. My Mum told me about Scottie Road as a kid,
her Mum would send all the kids upstairs in the house, open the top window and spit on the Orange Lodge on march days. I was born in Fazakerley
and moved to Knowsleys War bungalows, as my Dad was badly injured in the War a council house was made available for rent.
I've worked away all over the UK and met some good mates usually in the pub after work, but I can guantee that 90% of the Scousers that I have met
were all born in Scottie Road or just on the corner of it, I can only assume that Scottie Road went up as far as Glasgow.

9 th January 1965 Fred Pickering scores a late equaliser in the FA Cup Third Round tie at home to Sheffield Wednesday in a 2-2 draw - we won the replay away , and Boomer Pickering scored again in a 3-0 win in front of 50,000 plus crowd - I was just a kid, and the goals were shown on David Coleman's Wednesday nights Sportsnight -

24th September 1968 Alan Ball scores the third against Luton as the Blues triumph 5-1 in the League Cup third round - I was there unusually in the park end stands as my late beloved Mother was Everton mad asked my older brother could she see a game - so with family , and friends we sat in the park end stand she sat with her handbag on her knees - and got annoyed as when we attacked fans in front of her stood up - they are rude she exclaimed - I said to her - Mum this is not the Cinema lol { it's the only game she ever went too - {I'd rather listen to it on Radio Merseyside she never lived it down}lol

6th March 1971. Everton winger nicknamed Skippy as he was so fast Jimmy Husband skips around Colchester United goalkeeper Graham Smith to score the Toffees third goal in the FA Cup Quarter Final, in a 5-0 win for the blues at Goodison Park - Liverpool were at home same time kick off that day in the FA Cup as I went in a mixed fans minibus laid on by our school teachers - forget who they played both 3 pm kick offs - does anyone remember who that lot over the park who they played that day?

29th March 1966. Everton goalkeeper Gordon West catching the ball under pressure Manchester City winger Mike Summerbee in an FA Cup Quarter-final replay, at Goodison Park. {My older brother and late father reckons we had a hard time that game playing again in white shirts , and we went to Molyneux to beat them 2-0 on the neutral ground they were near the top of the old division 2!}

6th March 1971. Everton winger nicknamed Skippy as he was so fast Jimmy Husband skips around Colchester United goalkeeper Graham Smith to score the Toffees third goal in the FA Cup Quarter Final, in a 5-0 win for the blues at Goodison Park - Liverpool were at home same time kick off that day in the FA Cup as I went in a mixed fans minibus laid on by our school teachers - forget who they played both 3 pm kick offs - does anyone remember who that lot over the park who they played that day?
View attachment 54859
Graham Smith, another Quarry Bank lad who played in the same school as Joe Royle. One of my favourite moments was scoring a hat trick past him in a school match.