• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
More concerned that every game we playing now is seen as a cup final due to s manager being under big time preasure in his first season.

We can,t even get a new manager bounce to last more than a few games but yeah he will get more cash and more time - Everton that.

He should be bombed out.

4m is peanuts.

Watford will see it as a win yet they rejected up 12-15m for him at the time so really it's not. I also couldn't care less as it shows we are trying to be more like the top clubs with a bit of snide. Now we just need to do it for a manager that is actually good.

Why do fans like you always jump to the conclusion that fans disgruntled with Silva expect us to be in the top six? Or even compete for top six?

That simply wasn’t the case and isn’t the case. Look back and fans expectations at the start of this season were, generally, 7th and a good cup run. If we could push 6th hard then fantastic, but anything else was generally a bonus.

All fans wanted out of this year was something to cling to. A picture painted. An identity. A style of play. I’ve said many times that, as Everton fans, we don’t need much of an excuse to get excited. Even bearing that in mind, we’ve had buggar all to get excited about.

I’m still so annoyed that we didn’t even play a 1st choice team against Southampton, let alone that embarrassment against Millwall. Those cup games should be our biggest games of the season.

Aside from all that, we’ve played the most dour style of Football i’ve seen. I don’t believe the manager instills any confidence in either the fans or the players, which is a huge problem. We’ve played a game more than most and, after the next round of games, we could be 12th and 5 points off relegation.

Let that sink in. I’m all for giving people time but, you want him to stay, mate?

But we could also be 9th and 4 points off of 7th.

I’m not trying to say he’s the next Guardiola, but I’m willing to give him time to put his team together. I don’t believe Gylfi is the type of player he would buy given the opportunity. He doesn’t have a striker or a right sided forward / winger worth a damn, and Coleman has been poor this season.

How many times can we tear it up and start again? Not to mention the compensation he would be due.

It is really sad how much £ we have wasted on players and managers. I currently have little faith in Silva and this trend of compensation being paid out will continue. It is sad that big money salaries are paid to players who do nothing and useless managers are rewarded compensation when sacked for being useless. But that is the way things are! Compensation to Watford sums up the waste of our finances in recent times. We need some stability, but the manager needs to change again before that happens. Next time hire somebody with a clue, who will see out a few seasons and achieve progression!! I'll be amazed if Silva is here next season, useless!!

When you look at Silva in isolation then he is safe. As has been said on here we can't keep drawing up a blue print only to rip it up within months. We now have to have a period of stability. Having had the managers we had had over a relatively short period of time we have ended up with a squad that is the product of three different managers. I think anyone would have struggled at Everton over this period. Some would have been better some worse.
The biggest factor at Everton now is Brands, is he setting agenda for playing styles and the players being brought in to play that style, if that is the case then Silva could go and the impact on things would be marginal.
I think Silva's future is tied to Brand's view of our current crop of players an d the style he wants to play. If he is wedded to a style of play over all else and he thinks the current squad can't play that then Silva is safe. He will have to give him time to move on all those he doesn't want and get in those he does want.
Cardiff will be a good indication as to what is going to happen to Silva, if we win I believe he is safe until summer and most likely beyond. If we lose and he remains in charge for the next game again he is safe until summer. However another defeat just might br too much to stomach.

When you look at Silva in isolation then he is safe. As has been said on here we can't keep drawing up a blue print only to rip it up within months. We now have to have a period of stability. Having had the managers we had had over a relatively short period of time we have ended up with a squad that is the product of three different managers. I think anyone would have struggled at Everton over this period. Some would have been better some worse.
Again, stability for stability's sake is stupid. When it doesn't work, change it until it does.

The biggest factor at Everton now is Brands, is he setting agenda for playing styles and the players being brought in to play that style, if that is the case then Silva could go and the impact on things would be marginal.
I think Silva's future is tied to Brand's view of our current crop of players an d the style he wants to play. If he is wedded to a style of play over all else and he thinks the current squad can't play that then Silva is safe. He will have to give him time to move on all those he doesn't want and get in those he does want.
Cardiff will be a good indication as to what is going to happen to Silva, if we win I believe he is safe until summer and most likely beyond. If we lose and he remains in charge for the next game again he is safe until summer. However another defeat just might br too much to stomach.
Thing is do we have a blue print? as its seems like we are all over the place, as for stability, not sure how you define that. If it was simple stability was our main aim we would of stayed with the safe option and let Sam see out his contract.
But let say we did have a plan, which for me was to aim for top 6, we have fallen short and its pretty obvious next season we will have less of a shot at it, so the plan has failed, so we need a new one

Status
Not open for further replies.