New Everton Stadium Discussion

As I see it, he see's us as a vehicle to get even richer, but he won risk his Own wealth on us..

It's Bank loans and outside investment.

People will say he has ploughed 100s of millions in already. He might have put some in but nowhere near amounts mentioned.

This is how I see it too mate.

I get it when people say "oh but owners don't spend their own money on grounds", but then they say he's spent 200 million as if it was from his personal account.

The club itself has made that from TV deals and sponsorship. He's probably just spent that. Okay, at least he's not pocketing the cash the club makes... For now.

As @ForeverBlue92 says the ground will make him a lot richer. But for me it's Everton that will be funding everything not moshiri.

Not me Dave, the russian fella and our owner.
Did you believe it when Moshiri said nothing will be the same and that we were saving a shirt number for Diego Costa...

The 75m cavani bid.. Or 60m koulibaly bid even..

The BS never stops... There's been plenty regards the stadium too already!!!

I get it when people say "oh but owners don't spend their own money on grounds", but then they say he's spent 200 million as if it was from his personal account.

The club itself has made that from TV deals and sponsorship. He's probably just spent that. Okay, at least he's not pocketing the cash the club makes... For now.

As @ForeverBlue92 says the ground will make him a lot richer. But for me it's Everton that will be funding everything not moshiri.

I honestly dont care who is funding it mate. As a season ticket holder of many years I cant wait until we play our first game in there.

Considering all the failed ground moves under penniless Bill - this move is massive for us and could easily do for us what the Etihad has done for City in terms of attracting future owners. At the very least it will close the gap on finances and give us more £££ to spend.

Will also be absolutely boss having a modern blue shining ground on the waterfront - something most blues dreamt of during the Kings Dock days.

Not one owner spends there own money on a new ground mate.

Spurs
West Ham
Man City
Arsenal

4 clubs with new grounds none have been paid for by the clubs owner.

As I've said if BMD wasn't going ahead Moshiri wouldn't be here and certainly wouldn't have increased his share holding from 49.9% to over 65% considering he's spent over £250 million already. No new ground = money down the drain.

1)The increase is share holding, he said he would do that when he first took over the club.

2) the 250m is a interest free loan he can recall on at any time.

3)the club is on course to make another loss in next seasons accounts. The money saved from sending players on loan will be offset by mina, gomes, digne and richarlison wages and -15m from no el football. Unless he has secured a sponsorship deal and not told anyone

4) 120 estimated in preparation costs before the actual stadium can be built (staggering). That leaves just 380m to build the stadium (no chance).

5) legal fights with UNESCO and world heritage will cost money and time

6)300m likely to be borrowed let's say at 5.00% interest will be around 15m a year repayment

7) 200m still to be found, people say naming rights but that has to be in proportion to the size of the club or else it gets investigated like city are at the moment

8)ticket prices will have to increase by a lot, which will put off a lot of current gp season ticket holders from attending matches.

If anyone has seen the Wimbledon documentary on bt sport. Moshiri = a modern day version of Sam hammam.

1)The increase is share holding, he said he would do that when he first took over the club.

2) the 250m is a interest free loan he can recall on at any time.

3)the club is on course to make another loss in next seasons accounts. The money saved from sending players on loan will be offset by mina, gomes, digne and richarlison wages and -15m from no el football. Unless he has secured a sponsorship deal and not told anyone

4) 120 estimated in preparation costs before the actual stadium can be built (staggering). That leaves just 380m to build the stadium (no chance).

5) legal fights with UNESCO and world heritage will cost money and time

6)300m likely to be borrowed let's say at 5.00% interest will be around 15m a year repayment

7) 200m still to be found, people say naming rights but that has to be in proportion to the size of the club or else it gets investigated like city are at the moment

8)ticket prices will have to increase by a lot, which will put off a lot of season ticket holders from attending matches.

If anyone has seen the Wimbledon documentary on bt sport. Moshiri = a modern day version of Sam hammam.
Very good post

What part dont you get fella ?
Moshiri paid off all the clubs debt , if he hadnt no bank or financial institution would go anywhere near the club to lend money.
Make no mistake his input in this is massive , he is not about to let this fail.

You mention the money the club makes , have a read of the balance sheets its all been invested ( maybe not wisely yet )in the playing side of the club.

As regard to him doing all this to make himself richer in the long term , by the time the ground is built he will be in his late 60's its not as if he's a young entrepreneur after making a quick buck.

Or is it you just want to find fault in anything the man does ?
Lets bring back Earl & Green eh.

I honestly dont care who is funding it mate. As a season ticket holder of many years I cant wait until we play our first game in there.

Considering all the failed ground moves under penniless Bill - this move is massive for us and could easily do for us what the Etihad has done for City in terms of attracting future owners. At the very least it will close the gap on finances and give us more £££ to spend.

Will also be absolutely boss having a modern blue shining ground on the waterfront - something most blues dreamt of during the Kings Dock days.

Oh of course I agree.

As a traditionalist I'd personally rather we could redevelop Goodison park. However I realise it's not possible.

The dock isn't my preferred destination but to be one of the first generation of fans in a brand new stadium would be fantastic.

Unfortunately I have no faith in moshiri being the man to deliver that dream. I don't have an issue with the dream itself.