New Everton Stadium Discussion

To be fair, they're scraping the bottom of the barrel with "it's not iconic enough". We're down to completely subjective intangible characteristics now.

When you consider it's going to be 52-62k, will accommodate safe standing, will be not only within the city boundary, but part of the waterfront and near the city centre, will be purpose-built for football and not a converted athletics stadium, will be 4-sided, with steep stands tight to the pitch and a huge singe-tier home end, will become the premier venue for high-profile events in the city and will be the envy of football clubs all over Europe, there's not a whole lot else we can fume about.

Everyone has there own ideas to what would be iconic. This is part of the problem, but 1st and foremost we need a new stadium to increase revenue and give us a superb venue to watch games without obstructed views.

Im sure once the External Renderings and final plans are released we might see something along the lines of Iconic`.

Surely , being on the river makes it “iconic”

1280px-SydneyOperaHouse20182.jpg

I agree, nothing iconic about it so far, it looks like all the ten a penny corporate bowls that have been built in Europe the last 15 years, all the stands joined together in a bowl. multi tier plan.

Case in point was the France 2016 euros and Russian world cup, every stadium practically looked the same watching the games except for that stadium with the scaffold stand behind one of the goals in Russia, how different from the that stadiums is Meis's build, even the German world cup in 2006 was the same, Bayern, Schalke, Hamburg, Leipzig, Stuttgart, Hamburg, Cologne all had stadiums built for that world cup and all have the same boring generic bowl design.

Designers really need to get away from this bland model for stadia, to me it reeks of american architects from America who built all those stadiums in the NFL and MLB the last 20 years and it's influencing how football stadiums should be built in Europe , the bland lower tier, then corporate then another tier corporate then a upper tier.

Emirates is awful and cannot keep the atmosphere in,Etihad is even more bland, bayern's is a dire bowl and depressingly grey , the Spurs one looks like a NFL stadium (i'm sure the NFL had a hand in how the stadium should look and it reminds me of the stadium in Arizona Cardinal NFL ground with the side stands design) even their single tiered stand behind the goal doesn't look iconic or special as they ruined it by blending it in with the other stands.

For me the iconic stadiums that i love the designs are the old Highbury, Sampdoria/Genoa joint stadium from Italia 90 , Ibrox is a majestic classic British stadium with 4 different unique stands and Dortmund's is the best stadium in Europe by far., not sure why designers don't build 50k-60k versions of those stadiums i listed.

The side stands of our new stadium took inspiration from White Hart Lane they are very similar with the single row of boxes very noticeable in the middle. They don't look like NFL style at all. In fact I was thinking the pictures of the new Everton stadium look like the default stadium style that's all over America with the angular bowl.

Like this;

The side stands of our new stadium took inspiration from White Hart Lane they are very similar with the single row of boxes very noticeable in the middle. They don't look like NFL style at all. In fact I was thinking the pictures of the new Everton stadium look like the default stadium style that's all over America with the angular bowl.

Like this;

Nobody has seen pictures of the Stadium mate.

Like this;

Was a perfectly valid criticism of the Spurs design, for me.

Like this;

newspursstadium.jpg
e45c21ef-eaf7-4ee1-b537-3e16766f7535-state2.JPG
2774099367_b5950093d2_b.jpg

Surely , being on the river makes it “iconic”
Not at all, iconic doesn't just mean you stick a stadium on the waterfront, it's what the team does in that stadium after that will make it 'iconic', it has a clean slate / no history, however if the team does good it will become 'iconic', how it's paid for and how that will impact on monies available for the actual playing side is the bugbear, no good having a fantastic stadium if the club is in the second division still paying for something it can't afford.

We havent even seen pictures of it.

Nobody has any idea how it will look, thats the main thing that amuses me, people are raging when they have only a brief outline of what it looks like.

But I expected that, even if it was made from solid gold and had strippers on the roof pylons people will complain.

Will the strippers be blonde or brunette mate?

Looks like there’s been a scaling back of ambition (as is classic Everton). Hopefully the advantages of the location outweigh any downsizing Everton so between now and then. ‘The most iconic club stadium in English football’ ‘a home stand to rival the yellow wall, bigger than the kop’ ‘iconic addition to the waterfront’. At the moment it looks like a pretty generic stadium with a car park being between in and the river.
I don't know how anyone could of expected any different from this board of maggots.