New Everton Stadium Discussion

I think "soulless bowl" is just the default description given by anyone who doesn't like the look of it. I wonder what a bowl with a soul looks like?

?

Inappropriate Language
We currently use a staduim that is rusty has wooden seats, big [Poor language removed] of beams restricting loads of views, cats running on the pitch, big stand fc on show everywhere you look and in a [Poor language removed] hole of an area ( no offence to the lids who live them ways ) and youse are moaning abar that new stadium
Literally any reason to moan for some init

Can't wait for it me

Honestly, the steeper the better to watch the game - closer to the pitch, better visual angles. Makes a huge difference.

I've been to a couple of Meis stadiums here in the states - the sightlines at the Linc in Philly are honestly the best I've ever seen. Saw a match there, too, and it was honestly a fantastic place to watch a game. It will be much more intimate than that stadium, but the point I'm making is that Meis knows how to design a stadium that is good for watching an event. No question.

Steeper with the same treads is further away, plus behind the goal is where you want your fans to be stood and close to each other. The back of that sout stand is where you want fans jumping up and down not sitting there just watching the match

2023 will be a pivotal year for EFC, by that time Brands will have shown his worth and have a built a top 4 side fitting for a state of the art stadium. The stadium design is not final and will evolve into one that we will all be proud to watch our great team.

NSNO......

I am happy it looks to be moving on but, having told all my mates (non-blues) about Meis saying he was going to make "the best club ground in the world"I am a bit underwhelmed.. Purely on external aesthetics, it is bog standard, especially when compared to the new CHelsea and Spurs grounds.

I wanted thiese types:

The problem with a wonderful, aesthetically pleasing stadium @bol-uk, like you've shown above, is that they will come at a premium - a hefty financial premium.

While we're not one a shot-string budget, we aren't flush with cash and as such the stadium is what I would expect for the money we're able/willing to spend.

That's not saying that I don't want what you desire; rather, I believe that if we have x-amount of money to spend then we should firstly utilise it on atmosphere etc.

I am happy it looks to be moving on but, having told all my mates (non-blues) about Meis saying he was going to make "the best club ground in the world"I am a bit underwhelmed.. Purely on external aesthetics, it is bog standard, especially when compared to the new CHelsea and Spurs grounds.

I wanted thiese types:

View attachment 54417

View attachment 54418

View attachment 54419
Chelsea’s proposed stadium is the ugliest thing I have ever seen.