New Everton Stadium Discussion

We agreed on BM in August 2016, planning permission is not being put in until around Dec 2019 at the earliest. I have no confidence this will happen.
It is worth mentioning that within the construction industry the period of time that elapses between the purchase of land and the beginning of construction is around two and a half years as a general rule of thumb.
I have worked in the industry most of my working life and find that this is a fairly accurate estimation. So for a large and complex project such as this ,the time frame thus far is entirely within the bounds of what would be expected.

We agreed on BM in August 2016, planning permission is not being put in until around Dec 2019 at the earliest. I have no confidence this will happen.

In October 2008, the club announced that it was planning for the Northumberland Development Project with a 60,000-capacity stadium.

Construction started2012
Completed2015–present (incomplete)

I think you think its like sticking a shed in your back garden.

....I thought the consultations where a process requirement. Tick that box and move on.

Communications said the next phase is this summer, so we shouldn’t expect anything until then.
It is. It’s all part of the planning application process to help ensure a positive outcome. They’re being thorough, and doing everything by the book to make sure it’s successful.

Can you imagine if the club didn’t bother and just threw in a planning application which would then get rejected because these types of consultations weren’t done? The club would be crucified and the usual cry arses on here would have a field day!
THE CONSULTATION WAS A REQUIREMENT IN ORDER TO OBTAIN PLANNING PERMISSION
The consultation was not just for Everton fans, it was for everyone
Not everything the club does, or everything it announces, is obfuscation intended to draw attention away from what is happening on or off the pitch. Sometimes, it's just necessary.

As if the haters are gonna pay any heed to actual facts that go against their need to criticise everything to do with this project/club...