If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever our next manager is, he must have the character and personality to handle the pressure that goes with the job. Obviously some tactical nous as well but I think the pressure has got to Silva and he is like a rabbit in the headlights at the moment. Once the players see that, it's game over.

Whoever our next manager is, he must have the character and personality to handle the pressure that goes with the job. Obviously some tactical nous as well but I think the pressure has got to Silva and he is like a rabbit in the headlights at the moment. Once the players see that, it's game over.
The Spurs after match ramble said everything.

Up to and including the appointment of David Moyes, we mainly appointed managers who were up and coming, often cutting their teeth at a lower level, a few being ex players. Our recent policy of 'flavour of the month' has been a disaster, not helped by the media and the impatience of the modern fan. Two candidates stand out to me in the 'traditional' Everton appointment category,
  1. Arteta, ex player and by all accounts a progressive coach. The one obvious concern being a lack of management experience. Now might not be the right time given the mess we're in. Personally, I would have given him the job last summer instead of Silva.
  2. Lee Johnson, doing a super job at Bristol City for the 2nd season running, well respected by his club and chairman, but could feasibly bring them up this season and why take on a basket case like Everton?
They are the types of manager we should be looking at as and when Silva is punted.
People plucking the 'big names' out of thin air need to get real. We've never been attractive for the so called big names, and I very much doubt we are now.

Up to and including the appointment of David Moyes, we mainly appointed managers who were up and coming, often cutting their teeth at a lower level, a few being ex players. Our recent policy of 'flavour of the month' has been a disaster, not helped by the media and the impatience of the modern fan. Two candidates stand out to me in the 'traditional' Everton appointment category,
  1. Arteta, ex player and by all accounts a progressive coach. The one obvious concern being a lack of management experience. Now might not be the right time given the mess we're in. Personally, I would have given him the job last summer instead of Silva.
  2. Lee Johnson, doing a super job at Bristol City for the 2nd season running, well respected by his club and chairman, but could feasibly bring them up this season and why take on a basket case like Everton?
They are the types of manager we should be looking at as and when Silva is punted.
People plucking the 'big names' out of thin air need to get real. We've never been attractive for the so called big names, and I very much doubt we are now.

Funny you should mention Lee Johnson, but Pep has recently been singing his praises as a future management star.

After the recent managerial disasters some of our fans would never countenance hiring a manager that no one really knew anything.

Someone like him would be onto a hiding to nothing from day one.

Those of us who are old enough to remember Howard Kendall as a player and manager of Everton know what I'm talking about.

Patronising much? I am 49, so yeah, I remember them days well. Brilliant. What them days have to do with present day I'm not sure. Absolutely no relevance. We can all hark back to the good old days but let's bring ourselves upto present day and get a manager that is competent. Whether 'he gets us' is of no concern to me, I just want to win football matches. We're talking about a new manager and you're bring up quotes from Alan Ball and talking about Howard! Stop living in the past.
What does it take to 'get us' anyway? Is it an idealoogy, a philosophy or must you have just played here? Genuinely interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.