• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say to keep him if I could see him turning this team around to pre Liverpool style but I don't.
Also I hate the fact that he's persisted Pickford from a goal pick passes it to our CB's and we try and play out the back when we just CANNOT do it because our team is gash at this "play tiki taka barca" style.
Zonal is also a huge problem that he just will not budge on when it clearly isn't working.
Starting/Subbing on Walcott also makes me lose faith him when he and we know Lookman is always the better choice.
We can blame the players all we want but he's hardly doing himself any favours.

It's because you can't get rid of the manager and have no plan for who will manage the team.
This is the thing. As I said yesterday, who will come here with 11 games left and relegation certainly not out of the question? The big 5 or 6 names we keep hearing about that are all currently unemployed? No. Another current Prem manager? No. BFS? Imagine the embarrassment of having to ask him back to save us.

Just spoken about him on Sunday Supplement. They said Plan A isn’t working but he is too stubborn to change his approach. They thought Biesla would only be thought of come summer time.

I'm not even sure that's true.

He is wedded to a garbage system but he changes the team every week. He kept changing the defence even when it was doing better. He's played three at the back once. We won 5-1. Then never tried it again.

It's not that we've only seen one plan. It's that we've seen the completely wrong plans at the wrong time. He's quick to bin off certain players for average performances yet others can do it every week but retain their place.

Their is no clear thinking. The subs are utterly desperate. There is no belief from him so how would there be in the team.

The scary thing is you look at the table and our games left and I seriously think we could get dragged into a relegation battle. That is how bad we currently are. If Cardiff were to pick something up against Watford and then beat us they could be only 4 points behind us with us to face Liverpool after it. Don't think we will go down but I am a bit concerned. Don't see where points are coming from at the moment.

The scary thing is you look at the table and our games left and I seriously think we could get dragged into a relegation battle. That is how bad we currently are. If Cardiff were to pick something up against Watford and then beat us they could be only 4 points behind us with us to face Liverpool after it. Don't think we will go down but I am a bit concerned. Don't see where points are coming from at the moment.

100% our coward board should have wielded the axe today and spent the next fortnight looking for the next manager or at the minimum an interim boss.

If we lose to Cardiff we have a very real chance of going down make no mistake as this fella is hopeless.

That’s why you deserve Martinez and 11th.

youre like a broken record HK

i havent said dont sack him at all

the important thing now is next season. sacking him now is not going to make much of a difference apart from we would be paying two managers instead of one at a time when our wage bill is absolutely screwing the ability to improve the squad.

I dont trust the club to know who they want for next season and beyond if they even do have a list....or to get them on.

I also don't trust them to get a temporary manager on a deal for just a few games. Wed be stuck with more rubbish to get rid of.

Its very unlikely they have a good plan b....so we stay with plan a until the summer.

There's reasoning behind this....more than just Sack or Dont Sack.

The only importance of finishing a bit higher this season is a bit of money and possible making us a bit more attractive to a new manager/players. However offsetting that could be the image we'd have of instability and impatience after sacking another manager early.

I know youd like 7th....but do you trust them to get a manager right NOW who can do that and take us forward from next season? i bloody dont

You genuinely think he's capable?! I just don't see it. When he came we played some decent stuff but as I see it our heads dropped when we didn't win games we should have or taken chances. Then our poor run started and his limitations were shown up, if you can't do the basics there's nothing down for you. If you can't turn around a bad run then you aren't a top coach. It doesn't matter who is in your squad.

None of us no for sure...

Time will tell if he is capable or not...

the important thing now is next season. sacking him now is not going to make much of a difference apart from we would be paying two managers instead of one at a time when our wage bill is absolutely screwing the ability to improve the squad.

I dont trust the club to know who they want for next season and beyond if they even do have a list....or to get them on.

I also don't trust them to get a temporary manager on a deal for just a few games. Wed be stuck with more rubbish to get rid of.

Its very unlikely they have a good plan b....so we stay with plan a until the summer.

The only importance of finishing a bit higher this season is a bit of money and possible making us a bit more attractive to a new manager/players. However offsetting that could be the image we'd have of instability and impatience after sacking another manager early.

I know youd like 7th....but do you trust them to get a manager right NOW who can do that and take us forward from next season? i bloody dont
I would trust them to improve on this joker, which would not be hard.

The people up top need to get the best proven manager if possible. They must change their direction in chasing the new manager.

I believe we are Villa 2.0. It's been bad for a long time. I feel bad for Silva as the previous 4 or 7 transfers windows have been terrible. He bought decent players and they all appeared to respond. However, he hasn't responded since December.

For everyone who is getting bent out of shape about being a laughing stock, I'm surprised that this has just hit you, it's been the same for years. We've had our bellies tickled numerous times a season by many a team. The Moyes tinted glasses brigade, I'm looking at you too. Remember though, this is just a metaphysical belief, football shouldn't ever compromise your wellbeing

Our club needs an overhaul. We need to get rid of Duncan and we need to get rid of 3/4 of the squad over 3 windows. We need a manager who expects players to run through brick walls, buy players who hate conceding goals, buy players who care.

The only way we can attract a decent manager now is buy paying him unfeasible amounts of cash, which sort of undermines the whole motivational thing.

I've no idea what I'm on about.

Agree with alot of this.

I think the reason many are looking fondly on the Moyes era is because at least we had an identity under him. Also for most of his reign we were genuinely considered to be the best of the rest. I know best of the rest isn't success but I'd take it now.

Too easy to get rid, I'm sick to death of cryhards blurting about top 4 we are nowhere near their investment nor over sustained period to realistically challenge let alone keeping the same man in charge. We should stick with him for now and then reassess at the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.