• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well first of all I;d give him a player who can actually hot the back of the net rather than row z. Then I'd habd him a functioning right flank instead of relying on players who quite clearly are never getting back to their best form and are on the down spiral out.
A striker doesn't solve this teams problem, He'd just be a good striker isolated with no service to him.

How in God's name have we arrived at a point where a manager newly installed (who everyone knew and admitted at the beginning of the season was walking into a mess and needed time), is facing calls for his dismissal? Just as if the next manager coming in will have a magic wand to get this sorted out so we're at least 7th in his first full season?!

It's just unreasonable. We were "A ok" up to the derby and then there's been a collective loss of nerve since then...easy to happen when the team is full of youngsters and players new to the club. I have no idea if Silva is the right man. What I do know is that no one is the right man if you give them 6 months to clean up this disaster zone.

How many managers do we need to go through before we finally hear that penny drop?
One more.

Just a matter of when. i would rather someone lese took over next week. Absolutely sick of this morose talentless manager.

How in God's name have we arrived at a point where a manager newly installed (who everyone knew and admitted at the beginning of the season was walking into a mess and needed time), is facing calls for his dismissal? Just as if the next manager coming in will have a magic wand to get this sorted out so we're at least 7th in his first full season?!

It's just unreasonable. We were "A ok" up to the derby and then there's been a collective loss of nerve since then...easy to happen when the team is full of youngsters and players new to the club. I have no idea if Silva is the right man. What I do know is that no one is the right man if you give them 6 months to clean up this disaster zone.

How many managers do we need to go through before we finally hear that penny drop?

Agree with lot of this. But any half decent manager doesn't let 'collective loss of nerve' spiral out of control like this and the not being to tighten up set pieces is embarrassing. He's got previous on both.

He should be sacked.

In any job, no matter what the intention is of a long term project, there has to be a minimum measure of success. Most people have things like ROI targets to live up to in normal jobs.

Marco Silva, by any metric you care to think of, has not met the minimum measure of success. Yes, it's a transition season, but that doesn't give him carte blanche to be awful.

When his only defence is "he needs time", and then you look at his track record with absolutely nothing in it to suggest giving him time is going to make any difference, then the game is up.

Sack him. Put a caretaker in until the end of the season and go from there. I fully understand the desire to stick with a manager and get a project going, but it can't be a bad manager, because you'll just end up with a bad project.

It's being steered by Brands though. Silva and him have the same idea, its up to Silva to implement it once we have the full set of players.

If he doesn't, he'll be out.

Yet Allardyce somehow managed to made them solid, grabbed some wins and finished 8th. Silva has better players at his disposal and is doing worse.

Silva must be given time...

We have a two week break now, time to reshape & come back stronger...

Sacking him now would prove nothing...

We have to give him a decent crack at this...

Dave I do not want to sack him, I hope he can turn it round, we were great and looked on the up leading up to the Derby.

But that is a damning stat, his teams can't defend, we need Moyes in as a defensive coach to school them at the back.

Maybe not Moyes, but we deffo needs someone to sort the mess out at the back.

His set piece conceded is enough to sack him - not just here’s remember is this record so poor. He is flawed and won’t change.

Dave on the absolute wind up. People feeding off him like a tramp on chips.

It couldn't be that I'm right like in suggesting it's way OTT to demand the sacking of a manager who's at midtable without any cutting edge whatsoever provided to him all season because the club said we had actual forwards in the shape of those wax work dummies up front?

I wont join in with that pitchforking.

Dave I do not want to sack him, I hope he can turn it round, we were great and looked on the up leading up to the Derby.

But that is a damning stat, his teams can't defend, we need Moyes in as a defensive coach to school them at the back.
Wins the derby he's a hero. That's how daft all this is.

He should be sacked.

In any job, no matter what the intention is of a long term project, there has to be a minimum measure of success. Most people have things like ROI targets to live up to in normal jobs.

Marco Silva, by any metric you care to think of, has not met the minimum measure of success. Yes, it's a transition season, but that doesn't give him carte blanche to be awful.

When his only defence is "he needs time", and then you look at his track record with absolutely nothing in it to suggest giving him time is going to make any difference, then the game is up.

Sack him. Put a caretaker in until the end of the season and go from there. I fully understand the desire to stick with a manager and get a project going, but it can't be a bad manager, because you'll just end up with a bad project.

Genuine question with the ROI- what were the aims at the start of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.