If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think also he seems to have taken a long time to get them to where they are. Thats probably fine for a club the size of Bournemouth but i doubt our fans would wait that length of time. Agree with you on the 'enjoying the ride' thing, i live on the south coast and would say speaking to fans of theirs, they are just happy to plod along and not really do anything.

I’m not necessarily advocating for Howe but less than 10 years ago they were in League Two having entered into administration. I’m pretty sure calling 6 years from there to the top flight a long time is one of the maddest things I’ve heard about Howe

Problem is we cant attract a top manager and going for these mid tabe bog standard at best managers is keeping us outside the top 6, so we have to try something different.

Look at Silva, he wont change because he thinks he knows what he is doing, but least with someone fresh into the job they are going to be more willing to change things, but SIlva seems too arrogant so proberbly thinks he knows what he is doing and its everyone else that is wrong.

Also Arteta wont want a massive contract and the fans will be patient and get behind him.
hes won the greek league mate, he is a managing supergod.

He probably wouldn't want to come but Vitor Periera was a very popular choice in here a while back with a few 'superfans' even forming a lobby group...Team Vitor.
I dont know anything about this bloke but he's my choice for next manager (purely on the strength of Team Vitor's feverish support for him).

He probably wouldn't want to come but Vitor Periera was a very popular choice in here a while back with a few 'superfans' even forming a lobby group...Team Vitor.
I dont know anything about this bloke but he's my choice for next manager (purely on the strength of Team Vitor's feverish support for him).

Vitor is off winning Titles in China, cos thats what he does, wins Titles, we couldnt attract Vitor.

What makes people think Arteta would do any better than Unsworth or an Henry at Monaco? Has he even managed a youth team before?

Because he is learning from the second best manager of all time. He has been inside a dressing room which won a hundred points. That matters.

There is no such thing as a safe choice. Roll the dice. Unite the club on and off the field. Mentality is just as important as tactics for us right now.

Arteta is the exciting choice.

Been thinking about this, we are a groundbreaking club (or was in the past) lets be ground breaking again and have special guest managers each week.

Brands sorts the transfers anyway and some of the coaching stuff seems to stick around regardless so imagine how great it would be if we could have a different manager each week? There are loads of free agents out there. Pop in Joe Royle for a week against the RS, Alex Ferguson surely has a bit of time to himself these days, be really random and get some bloke in from Turkmenistan for a week (Good for that hard to break Turkmenistani market, imagine how many shirts we could sell in Ashgabat.) I reckon Maradona would do it for free.

I mean we would be foolish not to do it really. You could have votes online and everything. It works for X-Factor and stuff like that. What team will it be this week? Nobody knows! If we don't know our team how can the opposition plan for us? Pep and the boys wont know what's hit them.

Got to think outside the box sometimes people.
You know what's scary?

This is NOT the worst suggestion I've seen in the last five pages.

The talk about Howe just encapsulates the condundrum we face, its almost as bad as Brexit.

Of course I understand the desire for a "winner" and a manager with a record of achievement in one or more of the big leagues, but I can't see that prospect as being anything other than fanciful. We are no more likely to attract a big name than West Ham, or Leicester, or Southampton amongst others, such is the level of mediocrity we have fallen into.

There would be very understandable doubts and concerns about Howe which I would share entirely. But he sort of typifies the candidate that would be linked and become available, and as importantly, willing to take the job.

The best starting point if we need to go on the hunt again is to actually have a search process worthy of the name this time, to at least know the profile of the sort of person wanted, to make the search as global and as exhaustive as possible, and work down the list as required. With Moshiri to stay a million miles away from it, I wouldn't see the need to do anything other than inform him of the preferred choice as a matter of common courtesy.

If we do that, it would more likely than not mean that we could find someone of a bit more calibre than the risk Eddie Howe would undoubtedly represent. Not on the level of the Contes of this world, but there must be talented managers out there for whom Everton would represent a good fit.

Vitor is off winning Titles in China, cos thats what he does, wins Titles, we couldnt attract Vitor.
I suspected we would struggle.
Sadly, Everton's 'brand' is badly diminished these days and I cannot see us attracting anybody of any real quality. we are caught up in the vortex of a very vicious circle. Fatty Koeman and Gormless Walsh wrought terrible damage on Everton.

I’m not necessarily advocating for Howe but less than 10 years ago they were in League Two having entered into administration. I’m pretty sure calling 6 years from there to the top flight a long time is one of the maddest things I’ve heard about Howe
I read as it him meaning it's one thing looking at how Bournemouth are now but he's had 10 years to put all that in place so it would be a very different proposition here, when 25 games into his tenure we could be 1 place lower in the league than we were at the end of last season, and people would be debating who we should get in to replace him.

Status
Not open for further replies.