2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol

Just not true, in the slightest.

Were people even watching that tonight? We lost, we were nearly 70/30 in posession, and he got completely dominated by Stones in the middle there.

You've made your mind up mate. I'm guilty of it too with other players.

But I have no doubt Davies will be a good player. Not a great player. But then we're not a great team. Good players improve us in our current state.

When he plays we get more points mate. It might be unrelated to Davies, but score more points with him in the team. Why do you think that is?

Because he tends to get put in against the rot, a bit like when Calvert-Lewin gets a double against Sunderland or whatever and people like you go over the top and start comparing him to Sharp / Latchford / Dean.

You're the king of the flip-flop. We will have "Davies Revisited" by Friday.

He was total garbage against Wolves, in a game that actually mattered.

Silva clearly has faith in him making him captain and resisting the temptation to swap him for Gylfi , hooking Gomes instead and moving him to play a different position. That sentence says a lot on the expectations the club have for a 20 year old,which is quite a lot , and if sometimes he fails to deliver so be it, stick with him , rest him when necessary but let him develop.

Silva clearly has faith in him making him captain and resisting the temptation to swap him for Gylfi , hooking Gomes instead and moving him to play a different position. That sentence says a lot on the expectations the club have for a 20 year old,which is quite a lot , and if sometimes he fails to deliver so be it, stick with him , rest him when necessary but let him develop.

Who else would have been captain - Pickford? Keane?

No doubt?

NO DOUBT?

Genuinely no. I have no doubts that he will be good enough for Everton.

He's the only one of our youth I say that for too. The boy has heart and tries to do the right things. He has a spark. I saw it when he burst on the scene. He's showing glimpses of it coming back. I will back the 20 year old kid trying to do all the right things rather than the 29 year old still trying to do the wrong things.

Not long until the Klaasen Paradox is invoked and we get the Everton Mensa fraternity praising Davies "unseen work"

Status
Not open for further replies.