If Silva is sacked - who could/should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
4th didn't mean anything though. We didn't even get the champions league theme at Goodison or those little badges on our sleeves. Pointless.

We didn't know that at the time though (plus we were robbed) We have never been that close since either. Its funny because with the money we have had, i would have trusted Moyes a lot more with it than any of the managers we have had since. He rarely bought a dud and that's pretty good going with the budgets he had for player recruitment

I think there was more things working against Blackburn than just getting rid of Allardyce.

Cant help it, it's just how I feel. To put it on a more everyday scenario. If you work in McDonald's and you work hard, do your job and are generally good in your role but burn the fries once or twice your manager will maybe question you over it but he wont sack you. If you take a dump in the fryer and then serve whats in the fryer to customers then you will get sacked regardless of what good work you have done in the past.

A 7-0 defeat is my footballing version of crapping in the fryer. Not acceptable.

Lol wtf... so you think. We should have sacked Moyes a week after we cemented 4th place ?

I already said mate, we are Everton, we don't get beat 7-0, I dont care what happened before hand. People paid to go and watch that. Totally unacceptable to me (I was equally as fuming with the 5-1 battering by Dynamo Bucharest a few months later...)

So we got 4th, got battered 7-0, failed to qualify for the Champions League and then got a hammering by the 3rd best team in Bucharest. What was the point of getting 4th?

As I said already I am a hard taskmaster. I don't accept stuff like 7-0 hammerings, we are not Ipswich etc.

We were humiliating by Spurs at home 6-2, at home this season.

Moyes was the best we had since 2000s.

We were humiliating by Spurs at home 6-2, at home this season.

Moyes was the best we had since 2000s.

I don't understand this. It's MY feelings on it. It doesn't matter what you or anyone else says, I don't accept 7-0 defeats in any circumstances. There is a 3 goal difference there too by the way...

I have said already I know it's a bit weird to think like that but that is indeed how I feel. If we get beat 7-0 tonight (and lets face it it could happen..) I would be saying the exact same thing.

And of course he was the best since the 2000's he was there for most of it!

Lol wtf... so you think. We should have sacked Moyes a week after we cemented 4th place ?

Yup. I think I made my reasoning behind it perfectly clear?

And hey, maybe we could have got a manager in who could win a big game and got through to the proper Champions League instead of a glorified pre season game?

We didn't know that at the time though (plus we were robbed) We have never been that close since either. Its funny because with the money we have had, i would have trusted Moyes a lot more with it than any of the managers we have had since. He rarely bought a dud and that's pretty good going with the budgets he had for player recruitment

Oh come on he bought plenty of duds when we did have money. Bought a lot of good players too of course (even if they went on to win nothing).

A lot of our cash back then went into retaining the players we already had. They didn't play for free or for the love of the club. We seemed to be dishing out new contracts every other week.

We should be looking to the continent for a manager, someone from a decent league in Italy, Spain or Germany. None of yer Portugal or Holland guff.

That is a bit of a myth though to be fair, he did buy some duds, and it was usually when he had a few shekels to throw around. Plus he was the kiss of death for strikers, if he would have managed Dixie, nobody would remember him, because Moyes would have played him on the wing or up front on his own with no proper wingers to cross into him :(

The Bucharest game was shocking, probably the angriest I have ever been supporting Everton. (Think about that for a minute...that covers some ground!) I remember sat there watching it with some mates and after about half an hour we were laughing at how bad Dynamo were, possibly one of the worst sides I had ever seen and then all of a sudden we were 5 down!
That was prob the worst result of the decade that I can think of, and like you say we're not spoilt for choice in that department. I was definitely angrier at the RS cup defeat at Wembley, this one was different but was just the absolute mediocrity of Bucharest hammering us at home.
I think the Villareal result was an absolute kick in the baws and Moyes didn't understand how demotivating it would be. His teams' attitude was generally spot on but there heads were mashed for weeks after that.

Oh come on he bought plenty of duds when we did have money. Bought a lot of good players too of course (even if they went on to win nothing).

A lot of our cash back then went into retaining the players we already had. They didn't play for free or for the love of the club. We seemed to be dishing out new contracts every other week.

In 11 years I would say he bought less duds than we have bought in the last three or four. There is no way you can compare the finances we have now to what Moyes had under Kenwright, it’s night and day.

The correct answer should get is Rafael Benitez, eh would deliver solidity and grow the team over 2-3 with consistent progress if backed.

Could we get him, could he get us? I'm not to sure

Status
Not open for further replies.