Transfer Rumour Michy Batshuayi

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the gap between us and the top 6 and out of both cups, I really don’t see any point in signing a second rate target (that’s all you can get in January at best) We need to to make space in the squad for good summer transfers

I agree, I was just saying, I'd just seen it on the TV and was posting it that is all.

Reactions: JLW
....I think Batshuayi is the type we need but I also recognise he’s high risk given his time in Spain, his transfer fee and salary.

I imagine we were interested but Brands has criteria he’s determined to stick to and the combination of fee and salary did not mitigate the risk. We’ve pulled the plug.

The fact that he's not signed for anyone yet to me means he must surely be holding onto hope that we come in. If we'd told him we're definitely not bidding or didn't even make contact in the first place why isn't his move to West 'Am or Betis boxed off and done, they've had all day?

Think we might have one more twist tonight.

Heard on Talksport (yes I know) on way home, heard them say that he wanted to come to Everton but we didn't want to pay the fee being asked, that was what was holding his loan move to West Ham up

....I think Batshuayi is the type we need but I also recognise he’s high risk given his time in Spain, his transfer fee and salary.

I imagine we were interested but Brands has criteria he’s determined to stick to and the combination of fee and salary did not mitigate the risk. We’ve pulled the plug.
Added in to the fact we can not afford his wages seeing as Gana is still here

It's on.
1548960472589.png

From Sky:

Chelsea are trying to find a club who will take Batshuayi on loan, but they are having a few problems with his wage demands. We are told he is asking for £160,000 per week and this is a player who has scored eight Premier League goals since moving to chelsea for £33m. He has been on loan at Dortmund and more recently Valencia, but the latter did not work.

It would be a scandal if he was asking for 80k/week, football is officially insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.