Match Thread Millwall v Everton, FA Cup 4th round, Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The most predictable thing in the world. Our players are trash, the manager is league one standard and nobody at the top cares. I'd be rooting for Millwall if they were playing anyone else in this position, we deserve to lose based on that half. If we go out we deserve it, I actually don't know what would be worse. A loss or a replay that we'll no doubt lose. Sweet Jesus Everton have some professional pride for God's sake!:mad:

The halftime graphic says we only have attacked down the middle 16% of the time. Says a lot really. And I'd imagine it isn't far away from that most games.

How he’s been this season and what he did for this goal are two completely different things.

He’s never saving that and is about 20th in the blame queue for it behind the other players, Silva and the coaches for not picking up their biggest danger man.
We're pretty darn woeful at set-pieces and every team knows it, hence why they punt the ball into the box at any and every opportunity.

Digne is good in the air, but he's in a tough spot and the conditions are awful. Stop fouling.

I’m not blaming him in anyway.

He quite simply should not be marking or expected to mark a centre forward.

They’re gonna lob the ball into the box at every opportunity in the second half in the knowledge that this is how our defence is
set up.

We play 4-2-3-1 with the same mindless plan every week now. Get it wide, swing a cross in if you can, concede on a set piece, start over.

This was never going to be easy, especially with the conditions but we have no idea what to do out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.