January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have players who will get us to about 14th in the table this year (I see Bournemouth , brighton and Southampton better than us)

we also have a manager that only knows how to get to 14th in the table.

the club is currently showing zero ambition to make any of this any better

we better just get used to watching and supporting a 14th placed premier league team.

its that simple
Tbh I would accept 14th now the way we are currently performing. I’m struggling to see where we can win any game

I agree with that up until yesterday. Keane was bad and Zouma didn't help.
It seemed like Redmond gave Keane a tough time yesterday rather than Keene was crap. Lots mentioned that before the KO Redmond was the man to keep quiet... we didn't.Redmond and Ings is not a bad front line if you are playing on the fast break. Let's be honest we didn't take 60+% of the possession yesterday, Soton gave it to us. They are a team that does well on the fast break and does not need to dominate the game. Their bang average manager figured that out in a couple of weeks. Sadly it seems we are of that mould too and as such we don't know a plan B when the opposition surrenders possession and defends well while they focus on their strength - the aforementioned fast counter. We saw it yesterday and also against Leicester, Bournemouth and Huddersfield to name a few. The fast counter and the feed the widemen and have them cut inside are our only strategies. We should be getting more than that for the price we have paid.

I agree with that up until yesterday. Keane was bad and Zouma didn't help.

Both had a bad game yesterday but zouma in general is the most brain dead defender I've seen in a while. The boy rely's to much on his pace to make up for his mistakes and his positional sense is terrible.

Good luck to the lad in the future but this is one loan I don't want to be made permanent.

Short term gains arent really what we need, its short term thinking that leaves us with a massive wage bill and still paying the wages of 3 Managers.

We need long term thinking.

I get that people want us to win some more games this season, I get that they want us to win the FA Cup, but we need to start thinking about the marathon, no more sprints.
I think that there needs to be a combination of both, especially during difficult periods such as this.

If it was a case of a young, progressive team not getting the results that their performances deserved, I'd be in favour of giving them as much time as possible. We're not seeing anything close to that, though.

Short-term thinking is problematic when you put the likes of Bolasie, Schneiderlin and, to a lesser extent, Sigurdsson on upwards of £80k a week for four or five years. Getting a few lads in who can put their foot on the ball for half a season is virtually zero risk.

I think that there needs to be a combination of both, especially during difficult periods such as this.

If it was a case of a young, progressive team not getting the results that their performances deserved, I'd be in favour of giving them as much time as possible. We're not seeing anything close to that, though.

Short-term thinking is problematic when you put the likes of Bolasie, Schneiderlin and, to a lesser extent, Sigurdsson on upwards of £80k a week for four or five years. Getting a few lads in who can put their foot on the ball for half a season is virtually zero risk.

Im not saying just buy yoots, but we should probably avoid the likes of Nasri, a very good player, but hes a tad troublesome.

And Drinkwater we would have to buy either buy him or Zooms, I just think we have the folding for either really.

Status
Not open for further replies.