• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think he should be sacked, not yet anyway, I still feel he should get a "free season" and given a chance with a fresh start, with "better" players next season.

But its not great, any hope I had is now totally gone, doubt I would care if we punted him really.

I just don’t get this at all. Maybe if you could see some sort of pattern emerging, or a way of playing. But it’s like watching 11 individuals who have been pulled together at the last minute. He has all week to work on shape, attacking plays and opponent weaknesses, yet we watch the same thing over and over again.

On the flip side, It’s crazy to bin off another manager but this free pass thing doesn’t sit well. He’s unfortunately a very average to poor manager

Who says Mancini would come?

That’s probably because attacking football doesn’t get optimal results, unless you have better players than everyone else. Not to say you should be defensive, but you need balance, and the ability to shut up shop to secure points. Man Utd in their pomp were masters of doing this.

I remember West Bromwich under Mowbray played fantastic football, tried to take on everyone, and they got relegated as their players were not good enough,l. Even when they outplayed teams they would often lose by the odd goal.
Just like Martinez Wigan. Attacking football need to lay on very strong fundaments. Look at Klopp and his RS side, they’re taking the League this year and it happened only when they improved their defence. You can afford being attacking when you’re tight and solid at the back.

Playing open football without very best defence is just stupid and naive and won’t bring you results.

Granted he's a bit of a bell but PED on Toffee TV made a decent suggestion, play Richarlison as a second striker behind DCL or Tosun and use him as a go behind. Was hoping by now we'd finally ditch the 2 in the middle as well as that has clearly stopped working

He technically did that when Richarlison played out wide. He cut inside and find positions off the striker to score.

The problem is that main striker. I still think Tosun would improve that front line being that we're not really gonna get anyone in this summer.

Its similar to Chelsea playing Hazard as a striker. World class player. Hindered playing up there.

The thing is ,the majority of us expected a dry bumming in the Match thread.Last week we were hardly convincing and tbh the result flattered us.New Years Day at Goodison is what finished him for me.I think he has run his course here now.He has never pulled up any trees wherever he has been.Tinpot league in Portugal and an even more tinpot league in Greece (trust me on the last one)We don't need an up and coming manager with potential.We need a hard faced B*****d to whip them into shape.None of this posting on social media bull.Do yer job on the pitch.I don't want to see players laughing and joking in training.If anything,I want to see photos of them completely goosed after a training session.

If you think 6 months is a long time, then i suggest you are the problem.

If we had klopp, you would have sacked him after the first season he had a fragle rock.

Just to confirm then, Regardless of where we would be in the league, you would not be wanting a change of manager in the first season?

So, sitting in 15/16th right now would be ok for you?

Seriously though, we have enough quality players in that squad to be capable of playing decent football and what is currently getting served up isn't acceptable

No we don't. That's the point in all of this.

All these calls for sacking Silva, the same calls to sack allardyce, koeman , Martinez, unsworth etc.

The common denominator is the players no matter how you try and twist it. When the players fail to do the simple things , that's not down to the manager. If we miss shots , that's not down to the manager. If we can't pass 5 yards or pick a man up and switch off on set pieces, that isn't the manager. Same as it wasn't allardyce that had largely the same squad last season failing the basics, same as under koeman.

If the whole team tactic is wrong then it's the manager . If we struggle on every set pieces then it's the manager. If we make poor subs then it's the manager.

For far too long these players get a free ride and the blame keeps being put on the manager. Yes Silva has been making mistakes this season but ask yourself this, is it simply the manager that is always at fault here or maybe , just maybe, it's the players who simply aren't good enough?

Perhaps if we start reckonising this squad on the whole as being average with a few better players inbetween then maybe not winning the league every year won't come as much a surprise as it seems to be.

We are crap , we've been crap for a number of years now. No matter who the manager is we get games like today. The whole culture at the club and mentality is wrong. Been that way since Moyes and it's not changing now. Until we remove the mentality and change it then we will continue to have games like today. There isn't fight , there isn't a winning mentality, there's no passion.

Until we ship out everyone who was bought up until brands arrived then we will continue to have this. Brands is here to completely change the way the club operates and he will do in time. What we need to do as fans is have patience here and just accept who we are as a club. Until then we have lots more crap saturdays to come

Players are all going backwards massively. If it was an individual player then ok it’s down to him , but this lot don’t play because of one man, and the noise on social media is growing. Wait to see when the hardcore match day punters start to turn. I’ve had it the guy is clueless and character less.

I definitely dont want to see him sacked this soon. It would be ridiculous and just make us look even more of a laughing stock than we already are and it would gain us nothing as the season is pretty much over other than a slim chance of an FA Cup run which will ultimately end in frustration and disappointment anyway.

It needs to be acknowledged though that his performance in charge so far has been nowhere near good enough. You would think it impossible to do worse than Allardyce but he has managed to do that (points wise) and with a full Summer transfer window before he started.

I am fine with giving someone time to fix us so long as there are signs of forward progression but i am not fine at all with seeing us going backwards no matter who is in charge of us and that is the direction we have been heading in for the past 2 months.

Get your act together ffs Marco. Sick to death of being an Evertonian again currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.