New Everton Stadium Discussion

I know this was weeks ago, but a good point would be my gfs friend come down one weekend with her chap to watch a rs match. He spent more in 6 hours on tickets, tours, merchandise, food and drink (about £700 from memory) all inside the ground than me and the 5 lads I go with have spent in one season. Maybe even 2 seasons.

And he isn't a 1 off. They have thousands of daytrippers for every home game looking to come up as a 1 off and spend hundreds all on official, club licensed tours and merchandise. We have thousands that turn up, have the odd pint in one of the pubs, maybe a bet and buy a programme.

Obviously in the new ground, we would be a captive audience and we won't be able to spend our money in the hundreds of non club affiliated pubs/cafes/chippies etc as they're not there.

Anyway, my point is, it will be boss having all these new executive areas but will we fill them and make as much as everyone is making out?

For every club there are differing circumstances. LFC are freak zone, you only have to walk around town on a match day or turn on any footy programme and count their reps among the panel.

We won't be competing with them or Man U on the worldwide fan-trip side, nor will we be competing with Arsenal, Tottenham or Chelsea on the mass corporate side. However, that doesn't mean to say we shouldn't strive to be the absolute best we can be. We're currently behind Southampton and Newcastle on match day revenue and only just ahead of the likes of Brighton and Leicester.

Our current corporate offering sells out well in advance and all signs suggest there is an appetite for more. But lets not just believe there's basic walking into your seat or full corporate box choices, BMD should have a wide range inbetween. And it's that which will be best suited for EFC and it's that I believe will generate the maximum from match days.

Just flipping your first point onto EFC. People these days, either visitors or diaspora without tickets, usually only have obstructed view tickets to choose from and loads of those are isolated seats. The bigger capacity means we can accomodate more of this type of supporter which in turn increases revenues.

In a nutshell we won't get near their match day revenue but that shouldn't blur the fact we have many, many supporters who would spend more in a new ground on a wide range of offerings.

For every club there are differing circumstances. LFC are freak zone, you only have to walk around town on a match day or turn on any footy programme and count their reps among the panel.

We won't be competing with them or Man U on the worldwide fan-trip side, nor will we be competing with Arsenal, Tottenham or Chelsea on the mass corporate side. However, that doesn't mean to say we shouldn't strive to be the absolute best we can be. We're currently behind Southampton and Newcastle on match day revenue and only just ahead of the likes of Brighton and Leicester.

Our current corporate offering sells out well in advance and all signs suggest there is an appetite for more. But lets not just believe there's basic walking into your seat or full corporate box choices, BMD should have a wide range inbetween. And it's that which will be best suited for EFC and it's that I believe will generate the maximum from match days.

Just flipping your first point onto EFC. People these days, either visitors or diaspora without tickets, usually only have obstructed view tickets to choose from and loads of those are isolated seats. The bigger capacity means we can accomodate more of this type of supporter which in turn increases revenues.

In a nutshell we won't get near their match day revenue but that shouldn't blur the fact we have many, many supporters who would spend more in a new ground on a wide range of offerings.

Yet.

Talking about exec boxes & hospitality suites ,I don't get the idea of having a big 3 course meal pre-match .I'd prefer it afterwards ,so for that reason I'm out. Like to see better facilities for the avarage fan pre-match though ,like at Wembley.

Interesting.

I guess with Tottenham going for the 1:1 ratio, they still want to keep that luxury feel in the new stadium, giving the London tourists what they expect from a Premier League ground.

Everton seem to be trying to go for the 1:8 ratio, packing the fans in to bump the capacity up. We’re not going for the luxury option, like Tottenham.