Social Media FanBase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Social media is only a problem to those who give a monkeys about other people's opinions. Remember - it's just words.

Just use it with the knowledge that the vast majority of users are clueless morons* who are happy to form strong opinions with very limited or wrong data and you won't be hurt and you won't be offended and you won't be disappointed.

Amongst the sea of rabble you occasionally find a gem so it's worth a look from time to time.

* not on GOT of course - the moron percentage is much lower as most of us are pretty sound most of the time imo.

It’s mad.

When I was younger (not that I’m older I’m 28) I would never kick off with anyone who was a blue. I used to make friends with them etc.

In the world of social media everyone just goes for everyone. Blues hurling abuse at blues and the players. And we wonder why sometimes players leave the clubs in acrimonious circumstances. The ‘fans’ are just as much to blame as Everyone else
Problem is it’s not only blues on here

The amount of blues on a match day or even through the week bringing negativity amongest us all on social media is growing.
I go onto Facebook and Twitter and the amount of abuse people give each other is frankly embarrassing.
I'm glad social media wasn't around in the Walter Smith times.
I understand the unrest from most fans, especially those younger fans like myself who have never seen the club win a trophy.

Do you see a real issue with blues on social media?

But your big pants on and suck it up!!! Stop being a flump and grow a back bone.

The amount of blues on a match day or even through the week bringing negativity amongest us all on social media is growing.
I go onto Facebook and Twitter and the amount of abuse people give each other is frankly embarrassing.
I'm glad social media wasn't around in the Walter Smith times.
I understand the unrest from most fans, especially those younger fans like myself who have never seen the club win a trophy.

Do you see a real issue with blues on social media?

Joined today 307pm.

Starts thread subtly abusing Everton fans.

Easy peasy.

Look at the game on Saturday. First half they were terrible, so the crowd got frustrated.
Second half they came out flying at everything, the crowd got right behind them.
Speaking for myself it’s all I ask for, effort.

Welcome Mr Multi

I stopped looking at twitter because the horrendous spelling and grammar has started to affect my IQ, I suppose that pretty much nails the demographic of football fans who have a lot to say on there.

All fans are guilty, but those Reds are on another level, their targets include, but are not limited to:
- Their own players
- Eachother
- Us on a daily basis (not obsessed though)
- Official tweets from our players and the club
- Utd, Chelsea & Arsenal fans

They seem a little quieter since they realised after the City game that no fan of any club wants them to win anything, or I've finally managed to block every single one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.