January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Bathsuayi had been available in the January 2017 window I think we might have gone for him instead of Tosun.

Listening to what has been said recently by Moshiri/Brands and Silva I doubt he is the kind of player we are currently looking for.
We are looking for young players who are not on huge wages and I would expect that he is on a high salary as it is.

I think Niasse will probably be sold in this window and possibly Tosun as well if the price is right and we will continue to the end of the season with Richarlison and DCL as strikers, I think Walcott has played in the middle as well and I would like to see him get a chance to use his pace in that position.
Tosun and Niasse have barely featured anyway. and I think the days of Everton spending a lot of money just to take a punt on a player is gone for the immrdiate future at least.

I think Bathsuayi would be an interesting signing but can't see it happening.

He was available, he joined Dortmund on the last day of that window.

Look at the rubbish we have lost and drawn with Is that really improvement
I’ll say it one more time, you can see improvement beyond results/position. It’s going to take more than half a season to fix all the flaws with the club. This time last year we employed Steve Walsh and Sam Allardyce, had wasted hundreds of millions and played the equivalent of throwing feces.

I’ll say it one more time, you can see improvement beyond results/position. It’s going to take more than half a season to fix all the flaws with the club. This time last year we employed Steve Walsh and Sam Allardyce, had wasted hundreds of millions and played the equivalent of throwing feces.
And I’ll say it 1 more time I think you are talking rubbish there hasn’t been much improvement at all ( my opinion)

Define "within reason"

Because I think people's definition of "reasonable" differs wildly on this forum depending on who you ask

Well if we look at the centre backs only we have:

Mina
Zouma (loan)
Keane
Jagielka (contract up end of season)
Holgate (on loan)
Pennington (on loan)
Browning (contract up end of season)
Feeney / Gibson (u23s)

What would be 'realistic' in terms of turning this into a very strong selection of 4 centre backs?

So, for me i would say we need 3 centre backs who are all competing with one another.

I'd say Mina would be one of them (obviously as we just signed him) and we would need to sign 2 more with one of the young players either Holgate, Feeney or Gibson perhaps as 4th choice in case of emergencies.

We then have

1 -- Mina
2 --
3 --
4 -- Holgate/Feeney/Gibson

Out: Keane/Zouma/Jags/Pennington/Browning

The weekly wages there would perhaps be around;

Keane £60k
Jags £50k
Pennington £10k
Browning £5k

So perhaps £125k a week which would cover 2 new centre backs wages + sales fees of perhaps £20-25mil from Keane and Pennington.

That amount would to towards 1 new centre back and we would need to find the money for a second.

I was asking @BlueToff who he would go for / keep...

Sky just said we are interested in Fabregas but he is close to Monaco and we have Zouma on loan already. I said we should be in for him on here the other day and got shouted down. Is he an improvement on likes of Davies, Schneiderlin? Absolutely.

Sky just said we are interested in Fabregas but he is close to Monaco and we have Zouma on loan already. I said we should be in for him on here the other day and got shouted down. Is he an improvement on likes of Davies, Schneiderlin? Absolutely.

They were talking about Batshauyi

No, no, no, no, no! IT'S THE TABLE! IT'S THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS!

You'd have to be a complete moron to look at last year vs. this year and believe that last years team is the same, is just as good, etc. Whether you are into analytics or just plain watching the games. But those folks will still be there...at least the ones that aren't already employed by Sky Sports and English media.

And I’ll say it 1 more time I think you are talking rubbish there hasn’t been much improvement at all ( my opinion)
Apart from results or even performances I would see the signings of Richarlison, Digne and Bernard as very substantial improvements. I think Minna may take this season to settle and should be judged next season and we can only hope that Gomes can be signed and I think Zouma as well.

Even if the manager were to leave tomorrow I think the players the new manager would inherit would be better that when Silva started, and that is an improvement.

I would like our results to get better but we can't just keep sacking managers and thinking things will improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.