January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSG have got a really good attack, then only a few quality players in defence and midfield and are very limited behind the first 11.

What we could do is try for Presnel Kimpembe whose a left sided French international centre back (can also play LB so can move across as cover for Digne) but thats an unlikely deal.

Beyond that Brands may look at some of their youth players...

Hes awful.
I like Thilo Kehrer and he covers RB too at times. Young and decent at reading the play

Nearly everyone mentioned and everyone who already plays for us. You say he had a crap record at Chelsea but @MarcelsGoat showed in fact his game time in total is 6.5 games and scored 7 goals(i haven't confirmed this) He scored at a good rate in France and Germany 2 of the other top leagues(or for GOT purposes tin pot leagues). His international record stacks up, but yeah not good enough for Everton. Who do you think we can attract in that role that's more proven than this lad?

I actually agree with a lot of what you are saying here. I nearly posted similar the other day however, in this instance, I really do not think this guy is what we are after. Chrlsea let him go when they had no one and got Giroud last minute. If he was any good they would not have loaned him out. I know we are desperate but we need consistency, this " he is better than what we have got" argument is not enough, we need much better than what we have got, even if it means waiting.

I actually agree with a lot of what you are saying here. I nearly posted similar the other day however, in this instance, I really do not think this guy is what we are after. Chrlsea let him go when they had no one and got Giroud last minute. If he was any good they would not have loaned him out. I know we are desperate but we need consistency, this " he is better than what we have got" argument is not enough, we need much better than what we have got, even if it means waiting.

I do admit, Chelsea being desperate for a striker and not wanting him does ring alarm bells. We shouldn't be in this position it's been 2 years since Rom left, it's neglectful to not have replaced him in one of the summer windows, winter window is a tough marketplace.

Also, the fact Chelsea desperately need a striker, but are happy to get rid of this lad and lash 50 million big ones at Wilson isn’t exactly a ringing endorsement.

He’s
He's been absolutely CRAP for Valencia though, let's be fair. They have some pretty good players - Parejo, Gaya (who is just fantastic, BTW), Guedes, Soler, etc. - and he's been about the biggest problem. They've given up like 16 goals and only scored 16. The offense is the problem. He put on a deplorable performance in the cup match I watched the other day. Keep made a blunder and just GAVE him a breakaway that he completely botched. Gaya was just killing his guys on the left side and Bats was nowhere to be seen, delivery after delivery into the box.

That being said, he was a complete poacher stud with Dortmund. So go figure.

Some worrying stats/issues with this guy. Loads of examples of players being pony for one team and brilliant for others - in any case if he goes on to sign for us and do well he’ll undoubtedly be yapping for a move at the next available international break.

It’s definitely a gamble.

I do admit, Chelsea being desperate for a striker and not wanting him does ring alarm bells. We shouldn't be in this position it's been 2 years since Rom left, it's neglectful to not have replaced him in one of the summer windows, winter window is a tough marketplace.
No, he’s worth a shot. Honestly, he’s an odd player. Explosive, shows tremendous vision when he has the ball, can score sometimes like he’s the most clinic player, yet his first touch completely let’s him down and makes him look like an absolute clutz. He could be awful, but he could also be phenomenal. He catches fire and he could make all the difference in the world to this team. He’s certainly worth a punt at 14M, although my guess is that it’ll be more via incentives or otherwise and he’ll be on a big salary.

It depends on the fee and the thinking behind it for me. If this as seen as a solution to our striker problem and he would be seen as our new first choice striker then i'd be hoping for better/more potential, but for somewhere around £15m he would be an immediate improvement on our current options, and could become a very good back up (as someone to bring off the bench to try and get a goal we are definitely not getting anyone better) if we intend to strengthen further in the summer.

Lost in the "buy a striker" mania is that we have a player who is about to hit double digit goals and who has shown some ability to play as a striker and instead of continuing to give him games there we move him outside half of the time. Even if you think Richarlison is a player who long term should play outside, should he not at the very least play striker now to see how it goes since DCL and Tosun clearly are not the future for us at the position?

For me the more prudent signing would be a right winger or some kind of competition for Sigurdsson and let's see what Richarlison and even DCL and Tosun can do with proper creators. Oh and give Lookman games too.

Lost in the "buy a striker" mania is that we have a player who is about to hit double digit goals and who has shown some ability to play as a striker and instead of continuing to give him games there we move him outside half of the time. Even if you think Richarlison is a player who long term should play outside, should he not at the very least play striker now to see how it goes since DCL and Tosun clearly are not the future for us at the position?
Of course. And we shouldn’t spend big on a CF that isn’t better than Richarlison as a CF. I know he’s better on the left, but as a side we still should be better with maybe Lookman on the left and Bernard on the right. We haven’t seen that lineup yet, although it would be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.