Match Thread Everton v Lincoln City, FA Cup, Preview, Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fair enough mate. I totally respect your opinion and I agree that we have been awful lately. It's just getting the balance right so that we aren't frightened of playing at home, which we currently are.

I agree that we are, but I think a manager worth his salt would turn that into an incentive to do better. The crowd are one of the few constants in a football club so any manager/players need to come up with a way to deal with us grumpy arl fellas:rant:

Results have a direct bearing on the club’s finances and entertainment levels get bums on seats. We all pay money to Everton one way or the other and to many, varying degrees and we all see it as our right to comment on the performances as a result.

As long as we keep it respectful I think fans should be allowed to vent if we’re playing badly (which we are).

It is the job of the manager and his staff to foster the kind of closeness and positive attitude that you’re searching for, for our team. Look at Klopp, Pochettino, etc - Making the team more than the sum of its parts. That’s what we’ve missed more than anything since the early days of Moyes.

Guardiola, Klopp and to a lesser extent Pochettino, are all larger than life, in your face characters during matches with a clear and precise way of playing.

We have not had that edge for many a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.