January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why on earth?
Because it's hard to find a CF in January that would better. Feel free to name one that you'd think is better, but seems to be easier to find a good right sided player and play Bernard / Lookman on the left.

Gabigol is the only realistic shout I've seen and even if he would make us better at CF, not sure he can get a work permit.

Bernard moves right in that situation, but as Silva has said, he plays more like a wing when he's right, which I don't think he tactically wants.

I'm also fine with selling Lookman assuming we place him with Malcom or another young player of equal or better talent / upside.

Denis Saurez available for 9m????????

Hes rubbish isnt he tho sadly?
He's not rubbish, but he's a midget and not sure where he play. Great passer, super ball control, but if Silva wants his wide players to attack on the inside and score goals, not seeing it. More of a playmaker. Think he's pretty soft. But for a team like ours that has a massive problem with decision making and passing / ball control, you'd think he could help us. Still don't think he's a good fit.

He's not rubbish, but he's a midget and not sure where he play. Great passer, super ball control, but if Silva wants his wide players to attack on the inside and score goals, not seeing it. More of a playmaker. Think he's pretty soft. But for a team like ours that has a massive problem with decision making and passing / ball control, you'd think he could help us. Still don't think he's a good fit.

5' 9 and a half inches.

Don't suppose there is any chance we could try again for Oneykuru's work permit during this window? Would offer some pace in attack and could play on the right.

If the panel needs proof that he will make 'a significant contribution to the development of football at the highest level in the UK' to give him a permit then they can just watch our last few Prem games.. he shouldn't have too much of a job improving that!

Surely Llorente would be an improvement to our team. At least he can win headers and get them on target. I don't think you need a pacy striker as long as the supporting front men are agile / quick enough to make the through ball runs. I think we need someone who knows where the 6 yard box is and can find space to poke home.
We need someone dangerous in the air to be able to finally compete from set pieces again like we did when we had the likes of Cahill and Fellaini. The fact we don't score those types of goals regularly just puts more pressure to score from open play, which is harder when we don't bother to show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.