January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some list that as well if all true, Bayern Munich, Inter Milan, Juventus, PSG, and Real Madrid.

It made me chuckle when reading that Ramsey would struggle to find a decent club on here. He is obviously a talent and for free (Or near free if he goes in Jan) is good business for any of those clubs. I expect him to join up with Bale now.

Also zero chance that we outbid Chelsea for Pulisic, but selfishly as an American, man would I love it if we did. Playing every week here, instead of becoming a rotation player at Chelsea, would be so much better for his career.

He would start at RW every week for us, and Theo could be transitioned into an impact sub. Not to mention from a marketing sense, it would do so much for Everton. Pulisic is the first real once-in-a-generation American talent, and whomever PL club he signs with will gain themselves an enormous amount of American eyeballs. Providing that's he actually playing every week, which he would here. Not so sure about at Chelsea.

Not gonna happen, and it probably wouldn't be the smartest thing we could do with 50M+, but a boy can dream.

Also zero chance that we outbid Chelsea for Pulisic, but selfishly as an American, man would I love it if we did. Playing every week here, instead of becoming a rotation player at Chelsea, would be so much better for his career.

He would start at RW every week for us, and Theo could be transitioned into an impact sub. Not to mention from a marketing sense, it would do so much for Everton. Pulisic is the first real once-in-a-generation American talent, and whomever PL club he signs with will gain themselves an enormous amount of American eyeballs. Providing that's he actually playing every week, which he would here. Not so sure about at Chelsea.

Not gonna happen, and it probably wouldn't be the smartest thing we could do with 50M+, but a boy can dream.

Spending upto 70m on American players isn’t a good plan for success

Think it will be quiet for us lads. Unless, that is, we get some funds (and more importantly roster space) freed up by surprise outgoings.
Good surprises would be reasonable offers for:
McCarthy, Schneiderlin, Walcott, Tosun or Niasse
Bad Surprises would be selling Gueye (though surely we would hold out for an amount that armed us to find a quality replacement).

I'm sure Brands has targets in mind (think Lozano, Wesley - who he scouted when at PSV - types).

My guess though is that unless we see significant change to the roster he will wait until summer to act (the exception being a permanent deal for Gomes).

He seemingly displays a discipline we have not seen in a while.

Friend - i know where you are coming from, but there is no logic to it. Pulisic, while undoubtedly our best prospect, is just not that good. Don't get me wrong, he is a solid international class player. He may even develop into more, but he looks to me to be over-hyped due to his nationality.

Is he the best American prospect we have seen in a while - absolutely. Would he get this much hype or attention if he were French, German or Portuguese - nope.

Would much prefer us to spend our funds more prudently.

Really why's that? Mitrovitc is a bog standard target man. Tosun is a above avarage target man. He has scored in the champions leauge and had a good strike rate under allerdyce, who's played to his strengths.
Mitro is a better all round footballer IMO. Younger too. Still eligible for U21 possibly? I’d rather have him than Cenk.

Status
Not open for further replies.