• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, yes we were crap, but we were effective.

Why is everyone struggling to understand the definition.

We were just less crap than the other dross in the league.

We are effective this year as well. So are other teams.

We lost to teams we shouldn't have under Allardyce as well...

Of course, we're wasteful, but we've also been so unsolid at the back.

We haven't been in general though up until the last few weeks.

We also weren't 'solid' last year, not at all. Allardyce didn't really do much after the first few weeks. We defended dreadfully under him.

We were crap.

How we finished 8th is beyond me. Just showed what a dreadful league it was.

Not saying this year is much better, but the teams around us probably are. We've improved, but so have West Ham, Watford and Leicester.

And look, they're all massively inconsistent too. Because that's just where we are as a team right now.

At least the issues with us are clear. We create chances, we threaten teams. We just don't put them away. It's frustrating - hugely - because we could easily be 10-11 points better off and given the chances we have created we should be. But it's clear that that's the issue that needs addressing.
I agree with much of what you say however I think our main problem is in not creating enough chances.
We are frequently dominating large passages of play but creating only 1 or 2 chances whereas top clubs in similar periods will create 5 or 6 in quick succession thereby increasing the likelihood of conversion.
Our approach work this season has generally been excellent but when we enter the final third we become hesitant and inexplicably static often surrendering the ball cheaply and allowing the opposition to mount a damaging counterattack.
It is this issue we need to address ,in my opinion ,rather than engaging in a fruitless search for a mythical monolithic goal a game front man.

Some one here the other day was sayin we should be trying to emulate West ham and they appointed a great manager in pellegrini.
They are currently 2 0 down to Burnley.
Every team bar the rs this season have had poor results.
And no manager guarantees success.

Some one here the other day was sayin we should be trying to emulate West ham and they appointed a great manager in pellegrini.

There is no perspective amongst us. One bad result we all act like brilliant fans and say that´s okay. Anything more and it´s a meltdown. Just the nature of the game I guess.

I agree with much of what you say however I think our main problem is in not creating enough chances.
We are frequently dominating large passages of play but creating only 1 or 2 chances whereas top clubs in similar periods will create 5 or 6 in quick succession thereby increasing the likelihood of conversion.
Our approach work this season has generally been excellent but when we enter the final third we become hesitant and inexplicably static often surrendering the ball cheaply and allowing the opposition to mount a damaging counterattack.
It is this issue we need to address ,in my opinion ,rather than engaging in a fruitless search for a mythical monolithic goal a game front man.
Exactly..you can have the best goalscorer in the world but if there isnt anyone creating those chances goals will always be scarce.
We have been crying out for midfield creativity for god knows how long.

Perspective needed tbf West Ham have had their 3 best players out injured in Arnatovic, Lanzini and Yarmolenko. Yes Arnie is back today but is likely rusty whereas we've had a full strength for weeks now and have regressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.