• B

• C

• D

• E

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bed mate, wake up and realise with him still in charge our best chance is 7th....

It would be insane to think this squad presently (this season) can achieve anything above 7th.

There’s a growing sense of impatience among not only our fan base but others - everyone wants success yesterday.

The club have brought Brands and Silva to work on progressing us to the next level and we have to show patience. Because I’m patient doesn’t make me happy with 7th, I’m just accepting that to achieve anything we need to grow before we can win things.

All of the above were not good enough to be any part of this football club and all were quite rightly punted.

Have any of our former employees actually gone on to prove us wrong??

Bfs defo won't, Martinez and Koeman will never manage In England again, hell Martinez failed with his golden quad of talent at the world Cup by coming 3rd

So even though we've fired people quickly it has Always been the right decision for Everton football club.

Long may that continue. I'd rather the right decision be made early than a right decision made way too late

no mate the point I was making was Silva is picking up after them , making his job far from easy and a meaning he inherited a mishmash of a squad , not that they should have stayed .

On Howe, he’s a very good manager but how sure are we that his coaching methods would propel Everton forwards any better than Silva?

Marci impressed me most this season as players were keen to play under him once they had spoken with him. Does Howe have that ability? Tactically they appear similar, but Silva can attract better players at this moment - so for me it’s Silva all day.

P.S. I know the higher profile manager isn’t always the best fit for a team, but Silva has come in and started to shape the team well and I look forward to next summer when he can add to the squad.

Even if by some minor miracle we broke into the top 6 this year it wouldn´t be sustainable. We need better players as quickly as possible.

The squad is stacked full of good Premier League footballers but no stars to threaten the top 6. We have some on the books like Digne and Richarlison who could develop to that level but we definitely need more if we´re going to take that step forward.

Think that’s the plan, dannyboy. It felt like the start of a long haul at the beginning of the season and that’s how it’s turned out. Keep improving each window and removing the old guard. Buckle up, it’s gonna be a bumpy ride.

I think so far with Silva we have seen a manager much as we expected. Offensively he does well, defensively he gives up too many goals. The real key for him to turn the corner and challenge the top 4 will be tightening the defense. While we are about 7 goals off the scoring pace, defensively we are about 11-12. Think of the difference a few of the key late goals we have given up, or big defensive blunders in draws, would make right now. One of the many bad referee decisions taken away, the liverpool goal, and 1-2 others, and right now we would be on around 35 points, within striking distance of 5th.

But Silva really has to sort out set pieces, and general defending, as with our current offense, any shutout is almost surely worth 3 points right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.