Match Thread Everton v Watford - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was depressing. The way we failed to pressure them 75 minutes on, ah, I was about to vomit. Passing mistakes, idiotic decisions, terrible corners. It was like a pub team. What happend to them after the derby like! Good that we equalised somehow at the end but I am still in shock how this team responded to conceding two goals and missing the penalty, mentality wise this is not a big team, yet. We certainly don't look like one.

Both Lookman and Digne (props for the goal) should fix the corners. What were they? Mina waiting to smash the ball and they send a short as hell corner.

West Ham, Bournemouth and probably Wolves all see it as a rivalry as well...and are always up for the game. Everton just can't be arsed getting geed up.
You’re not wrong at all. We are in the crappy position where all of the top teams take us very seriously and all the midtable sides see us as THE threat for best of he rest. It’s one of the reasons we have to maintain consistency to get anywhere.

Didn’t get out of our own half for 15 minutes second half. That an appalling statistic. Thought our 2 central midfielders were complete gash tonight.

Even the 5th placed team is on a 20 game UNBEATEN streak and a £1bn team is in 6th, that shows how strong the PL is. Did people really think we would challenge top 4 so soon? It’s going to be a monumental task to overthrow any of the big 6, let alone big 4

Richarlison should always play out wide, regardless of our choice of strikers. I'd prefer any of Tosun, DCL or Niasse as a striker as long as it means Richarlison is out wide because it's a waste of his talent.
I don't know that it's a waste playing him up top. Again what he is best at is scoring goals so getting him in those areas isn't a bad thing. What I don't like is that it changes the way the team does things having him there and maybe not for the better if we were to get a reasonably good player in there instead. Also I think when he is wide it creates a unique challenge for the defenders because he drifts into areas that are hard to pick up.

Even the 5th placed team is on a 20 game UNBEATEN streak and a £1bn team is in 6th, that shows how strong the PL is. Did people really think we would challenge top 4 so soon? It’s going to be a monumental task to overthrow any of the big 6, let alone big 4
It's going to be a big task just retaining 'best of the rest' status, let alone top 6...and as for top 4...lol

Loads of lads, (unfortunately) are playing themselves out of a future here. Not bad players and in honesty not players with a poor attitudes or shirkers but just players who aren't quite at the right level. Lookman, DCL, Tosun, Walcott could all find themselves moving on come the summer.

Walcott is the most frustrating as every game he will do two-three this game that should lead in um to a clear chance, then doesn't pick his head up or tries to do too much I stead of the Simone thing, be it laying a simple pass off or missing a sitter, Lookman isn't the answer as frankly he just doesn't get j to those positions that Walcott dies due to Walcott being a different type of player.

DCL, tosun, both nowhere near the standard needed, and neither suits the system we use, Lookman is all tricks no end product and for the system it's him or Bernard as other side you need a player who stretches and goes past the last man like Walcott dies, but one with a brain.

I'd also add cokeman is looking more and more a weak link mate, not helped by the right side forward not being of the calibre as the right also. But Coleman's having more off games these days than good, and its noticeable that he no longer seems to be able to beat a man or get back at one with pace. Dunno if once it goes you can ever get that yard of pace back, and without it, he goes from.being one of the in the league to a average one.

Status
Not open for further replies.