January 2019 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd cash in on lookman.

My personal opinion is he is one of these prospects that will never fully flourish.

Rico is only 6 months older than him and gulf in performance is astronomical.

I'd much rather the money from lookman being put towards someone of ricos class.

Every season. Of us waiting on lookman to flourish is another season wasted
You had me up until the last line.

Serve me straight up with chips and a slice of lemon.

Is this Lookman's fault though? There was nothing in front of him. The movement was often poor, one off or in combination, and no one looked good in the tight space. Both him, Gomes and Digne were at a loss by the end.
Maybe if he was the one receiving the ball we might of had a bit more joy.

In matches like Newcastle I'd be going for something like (ideal attacking formation):
-----------Bernard-----------Lookman----------------Richarlison
Digne---------------Sig-------------------Gomes--------------------
-----------------------------------Gana----------------------Coleman

Get the ball to Lookman, then he's dribbling at them, or setting up Sig, Rico or Bernard.
Bernard, Lookman, Digne drawing in defence on left, runs into box Sig and Rico (for head or boot)
Sig and Lookman rotating makes sense - have to create space for Sig to make those runs in.
Maybe be way off the mark, but Lookman could be a huge threat if he was in the box more.

OR Lookman replacing Bernard's on LW and DCL in at 9 for his headers.

They were all poor.

Digne has been brilliant, he was dreadful the other day.

Lookman has been on good form from the bench. He was pretty useless the other day. Gomes is great, but even he couldn't find a pinpoint pass. It happens.

Lookman has never once played as a central striker so I don't know why this is suddenly an idea for a game against a Rafael Benitez side that just kicked lumps out of us? Maybe he could do a job but starting there?

I get the point that he would be a threat centrally and I do prefer him left with more licence to drift in, which is why I say maybe he isn't the answer instead of Walcott? Maybe it has to be him alternative with Bernard for now.

Silva's system relies on Richarlison - or that type of player (which for now, we only have Rico) to play as a striker. They have strength, height, athleticism and skill. It gives us a load of options.

Had Rico started centrally the other day, I'd wager Lookman would have had more joy because there'd be more space for him to move into.

Bit of a weird call. Danny Ings could be a useful, cheap option.

520.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.