2018/19 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will cost a bundle but if we have ambitions of moving up the table then he is a must have in the summer. An awesome player, truly class.

Look, I love Gomes, was maybe the first person on here to think we should sign him even before there was any tangible links as I thought he'd be a terrific fit. But there are other players that can do what he can do if we are willing to spend money in the summer. Would love to keep him OF COURSE, but there are others.

Look, I love Gomes, was maybe the first person on here to think we should sign him even before there was any tangible links as I thought he'd be a terrific fit. But there are other players that can do what he can do if we are willing to spend money in the summer. Would love to keep him OF COURSE, but there are others.
Name some.

Ross Barkley?

Gomes is glorious and is everything that we need and should be signed asap.

Sure. Ndombele, Doucoure, Zielinski, maybe Barella, Rabiot, Savic, Neves are examples, some might not come or be affordable. There are some older players that could fit in.

Would love to keep Gomes though.
Maybe but Gomes seems to have settled fast and looks a natural in this league, has the look and confidence of a top 4 player

Maybe but Gomes seems to have settled fast and looks a natural in this league, has the look and confidence of a top 4 player
Of course. I'm not advocating not trying to sign him. Just saying there are other players if we can't get it done. The list is just illustrative of the fact that there are players out there.

Sure. Ndombele, Doucoure, Zielinski, maybe Barella, Rabiot, Savic, Neves are examples, some might not come or be affordable. There are some older players that could fit in.

Would love to keep Gomes though.

Why name players we can’t get? I asked you to name alternatives we could get. Only one there that might come here is Doucoure who would likely cost most than what we’d have to pay for Gomes. Some of you live in an LSD-fuelled dreamland.

Why name players we can’t get? I asked you to name alternatives we could get. Only one there that might come here is Doucoure who would likely cost most than what we’d have to pay for Gomes. Some of you live in an LSD-fuelled dreamland.

What a predictable post.

First of all, please show me where you asked me to name alterantives we could get. Is that what "Name Some" means?

Second of all, my point was ONLY that other players are available if Gomes is going to cost a fortune. If he's not, then we'll get Gomes. Do you think we'll get him for under 40M? Why would Barca sell for under that. So if we are willing to go 50M to 70M for a central mid in the summer, other than maybe Rabiot who will want to play for a bigger club to match his ego, and Savic who will probably push for CL, too, are you suggesting Barella couldn't be gotten for 50M? NDombele for 70M? Neves wouldn't leave Wolves for 60M? Zielenski for 50M?

Regardless of price, I listed players that would be available.

I'm also not advocating for ANY of them and not sure which of them I'd like better than Gomes. But this idea that Gomes is the only solution to our future box-to-box midfield issue is a bit silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.