New Everton Stadium Discussion

You can certainly include brick and granite in a modern sleek and shiney stadium personally using both for me would be perfect. Granite and brick at the bottom to grow organically out of the dock and steel and glass at the top to look sharp.

Either way I'm glad Dan isn't a fan of the Lucas Carbuncoil and whatever he designs we're possibly lumbered with so hopefully it won't be either to far out (man) or to regressive.

Can't argue with that.

Though I get people see the Lucas Oil Stadium as a carbuncle you have to see beyond the brutal exterior. Internally as well in my opinion it IS iconic. Right size too. Meis might not be a fan but those early designs from April workshop have some vague similarity to the LOS interior. I'd certainly love the retractable roof but Meis is not a fan of that either. My dad worked on the docks for 30 years including BMD it is going to be cold and windy over there on the waterfront.

We could call it the Lucas Deign stadium! Well maybe not!

You can fill the survey in now. This is one of the questions that's going to help get planning permission and push our dream of a new stadium on Bramley Moore DockView attachment 51222

That questionnaire is literally pointless.

The main questions are surrounding the locale for the new stadium.

We've already signed the lease for the land!!! You can't ask people what's their preferred location when the location is already decided you meffs!!

We've already signed the lease for the land!!! You can't ask people what's their preferred location when the location is already decided you meffs!!

Personal opinion is I'd rather Evertonians fill the survey in, it only takes a few minutes. Because I bet loads of bitter Liverpool fans will be doing the survey.....

That had me a bit worried too.
Along with the personal stuff...why? Are they going to include our own personal Lisbon Bar if enough tick the right box

As for the location questions and such, if it all falls through on finance...as it could...are they looking for hints on peoples (cheaper) preferred 2nd choice location.

Im working on the old slippery Everton assumption, that if they told me it was Wednesday, I'd best check to see if it wasnt Tuesday or Thursday just in case.

Personal opinion is I'd rather Evertonians fill the survey in, it only takes a few minutes. Because I bet loads of bitter Liverpool fans will be doing the survey.....

This is what annoys me. Just do a questionnaire for people with a customer number that existed before you announce it rahter than have Billy Bellend that either hates Everton or doesn't even care about footy answering and skewing your data.

I think part of that is so that if the club is questioned about the suitability of the location they can say, “well we did this survey and 90% of people, not just Everton fans, said that it was important to them that Everton remain in North Liverpool”. That means the club are then limited in there options of location and Bramley-Moore dock is the only choice

Very short, vague and oddly structured survey. A couple of the questions, you could speculate, will be used at planning stage as evidential support for location choice but its short on detail. And as previously mentioned one of the questions, considering there are only several in all, is pretty pointless and a sop to PC niceties. Hopefully there is a wider strategy that this survey slots into in the fullness of time. Of itself, it looks flakey.