Match Thread Manchester United v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm chilled mate, satisfied with the performance but we can't keep blaming fine margins for our failures. The vast majority of fans were happy with the team sheet today yet you reassess and Richarlison isn't a lone striker and Walcott should never of been left to deal with Martial alongside Coleman.

It's easy to point out mistakes after the fact just like it's easy to blame fine margins when in reality we need to learn from our mistakes, stop feeling sorry for ourselves and shred the plucky underdogs tag we seems to love living up to.

I don't think it's blame at all, but that's what it's boiling down to. Fine margins, either because we didn't take a chance, or someone took a bad touch/played the wrong pass, or the ref mugged us off.

We do need to learn from our mistakes. And it's pretty clear that we are, slowly but surely.

The frustrating thing is this is another game where we deserved at least a draw and again looks like we dropped points when before we were happy with a draw or even losing if we played well and went for it.

Few players and the ref let us down today and we messed up big moments but it’s still very positive and we have options.

Coleman’s form concerns me but I’m happy with the rest of the field. Lookman can easily replace Theo.

Keane and Zouma barely put a foot wrong and Keane dribbled from the back so assuredly and picked the correct pass.

All very encouraging

Ashley Young, Luke Shaw, Lindelof, Smalling, Fred, Matic, Pogbas.Mata, Rashford, Martial.Lukaku, Lindgard Herrara, Fellaini, sanchez. Bailly. which of them would get in our 1st team? Ok, Fred maybe.
Behave, Fred was total dogsh1te for the whole game. A shot in the first half went out for a throw in.

I don't think it's blame at all, but that's what it's boiling down to. Fine margins, either because we didn't take a chance, or someone took a bad touch/played the wrong pass, or the ref mugged us off.

We do need to learn from our mistakes. And it's pretty clear that we are, slowly but surely.

I hope so. We've got four very interesting fixtures coming up.

Brighton (H)
Chelsea (A)
Cardiff (H)
Liverpool (A)

You would like to think we win the two home games minimum and look to take something from the away games. The next four won't define our season but they will certainly tell us about the quality of the squad.

Was in the home end today, the once revered Stretford End....a place where as a 12 year old I got kicked from top to bottom in 1977. Today it was embarrassing. Forget prawn sandwiches....the place was packed with half-scarves, I-pads, and goons who wouldn’t know Football if it belted them in the face. The penalty was dreadful, almost corrupt, but by Christ the lack of identity, understanding of football and lemming-like behaviour of the goons around us was shocking. Complete lack of connection with their Club.
And we still failed to beat them. With a bit more craft I think we’ll match them and possibly even pass them on the pitch, but one thing is for sure, we can’t allow Everton to become so sterile when we move ground. Sad to witness.

I hope so. We've got four very interesting fixtures coming up.

Brighton (H)
Chelsea (A)
Cardiff (H)
Liverpool (A)

You would like to think we win the two home games minimum and look to take something from the away games. The next four won't define our season but they will certainly tell us about the quality of the squad.
We'll be getting 7 points minimum off them. 9 points, I reckon. 12 points and we could bde doing a Leicester!

Been working all day so missed the game

Sounds a bit same old same same old.

Oh well I'll still watch it so I can kick something at the TV in frustration.

Got to really start picking up some points though against these so called top sides, I'll take a win at Chelsea and those little ferrets across the park

Status
Not open for further replies.