New Everton Stadium Discussion

(n)
At least you are interested in a debate about it unlike some others.

As for the evidence I have been in a privileged position when it comes to Everton over the last few years as I have a member of the family working for the club in a reasonably high position. Obviously I'm not going to divulge the name on here as I don't want any trouble for this person. I'm sure you understand that.

Combine with what I hear on a almost daily basis on this very forum I form my own opinions on the subject.

As for the finance, I'm basing this purely on the fact it would be cheaper. It's going to cost millions before a digger is on site at BMD whereas at another location it wouldnt be.

My final opinion on this matter is I'd rather stay at Goodison Park and redevelop that than move anywhere. We have been told that is impossible however I do not believe it is as impossible as they say. For this I have no evidence other than what I wish.

Everton have already spent millions on the project and they continue to do so.

It's amazing how slow this is becoming.

From one power point presentation to zilch.

I need to see more pictures and not ones done by a GCSE level art student like that presentation.
Have you dropped into the witch hunt against Liverpool thread yet
Lads on there were seriously worried about you
Seemingly you’ve been missing since the champions versus challengers match last Sunday week

Have you dropped into the witch hunt against Liverpool thread yet
Lads on there were seriously worried about you
Seemingly you’ve been missing since the champions versus challengers match last Sunday week[/QUOTE
I got 37 alerts that weekend for a drawn game,i was baffled thinking about why i got those alerts and tagged posts when i was on a extended break in Macau and Singapore.

Baffling as it was a DRAW for 2 teams i don't really care for.

Two years down the line blulouie and there's no finance. Nothing in place. The club has tried many avenues of funding in the private sector. Sponsorship, naming rights, investment including having offices at the new ground and a gym, coffeebar and outlets for businesses.

As yet there's only been a fleeting interest. The price is putting off plenty. Now that's what I've been told.

Meanwhile the likes of Swansea, Sunderland, spurs have all attracted funding for their grounds. Of course I believe Everton Football a club would be able to attract that level. We are bigger than those clubs. The city we are in is better.
Still no facts I see.

Two years down the line blulouie and there's no finance. Nothing in place. The club has tried many avenues of funding in the private sector. Sponsorship, naming rights, investment including having offices at the new ground and a gym, coffeebar and outlets for businesses.

As yet there's only been a fleeting interest. The price is putting off plenty. Now that's what I've been told.

Meanwhile the likes of Swansea, Sunderland, spurs have all attracted funding for their grounds. Of course I believe Everton Football a club would be able to attract that level. We are bigger than those clubs. The city we are in is better.

I was on your side as well mate to be honest, that was until you suggested Everton are trying to finance their new stadium build on an already cramped site by lashing a Starbucks & a Pure gym on the end of it

;)

What ever the new stadium IS about it's NOT exclusively about match day revenue. Sky money significantly dwarfs that.

Sky money significantly dwarfs stadium revenue for Everton. And that's kind of the point.

In 2016/17 Liverpool got £154m from TV, Everton got £131m and Bournemouth got £124m.

In the same season Liverpool got £74m from stadium, Everton got £18m and Bournemouth got £5m.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/06/premier-league-finances-club-guide-2016-17

Obviously Everton isn't as extreme an outlier as Bournemouth, but the point is a lot of the gap between the top teams and the mid-lower teams is the stadium and commercial revenue they can generate season after season. The biggest teams don't get 5 or 6 times more in TV revenue than they do from their stadium.

So I disagree with you. The new stadium will obviously be better for fans and get more people in, but it is - almost exclusively - about getting in more matchday revenue. And there's nothing wrong with that.

What ever the new stadium IS about it's NOT exclusively about match day revenue. Sky money significantly dwarfs that.

Not many would argue we dont need a new ground
Not many would argue that Moshiri is doing it out of the goodness of his royal blue heart
We're getting a new ground because Moshiri...and others...will make money on it.

Where we need to compete with Spurs and the rs AND others is results...wins and hopefully trophies
THIS
Will lead to increased exposure and marketing returns and CL money

Oh and Moshiri can sell on a cash cow for big profits.

The Minority Report I; It'll never happen.
The Minority Report II; We could have a team like Sunderland but still be a saleable 'Sleeping Giant' but with the new ground

but we are competing with spurs and RS with trophies, they're not winning anything either.

Sky money significantly dwarfs stadium revenue for Everton. And that's kind of the point.

In 2016/17 Liverpool got £154m from TV, Everton got £131m and Bournemouth got £124m.

In the same season Liverpool got £74m from stadium, Everton got £18m and Bournemouth got £5m.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/06/premier-league-finances-club-guide-2016-17

Obviously Everton isn't as extreme an outlier as Bournemouth, but the point is a lot of the gap between the top teams and the mid-lower teams is the stadium and commercial revenue they can generate season after season. The biggest teams don't get 5 or 6 times more in TV revenue than they do from their stadium.

So I disagree with you. The new stadium will obviously be better for fans and get more people in, but it is - almost exclusively - about getting in more matchday revenue. And there's nothing wrong with that.
Well if we could get 50m extra a year out of the stadium it would pay for itself in 12/15 years
Even 30m extra would pay for it over 20yrs

Well here's my counter question to that in answer to it: if we already had this "industry expert" in-house, why did the new CEO state that the club would scour the world for leading candidates to fill the role? If we already had the best there was for us and there was no legal requirement to advertise it then it was just a matter of spinning the fanbase another line.
Maybe if Council money is involved the job had to be advertised
Not saying it is the same, but when I worked in a council school, any jobs like Head, Dep Head etc had to be advertised externally, even if you ended up appointing an internal candidate, or had one who was suitable and qualified for the role. I could see how council involvement in the scheme might lead to a similar requirement. Not saying I do or don't believe that tho.