Everton's Best Centre Half Pairing

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Who do you reckon?

If all fit, and you had to give 2 a run for the next 10 games...

I'd be inclined to go Mina and Keane. (Think we're desperate to build some continuity/understanding across the defence and with Zouma being on loan with no option to buy)

Mina and Zouma. With Holgate as third choice. It’s amazing what not playing has done for Keane’s reputation.

Given it's only me that has said Keane, I assume this is at me?

Well, him not playing hasn't influenced my opinion at all.

10th August.

Come on blues - cringing at some comments in here.

Clearly, there's a player in there who can defend and there was just so many mitigating factors last season - management, the inconsistency of the defence he was in and he played under medication/injuries.

Put any defender in that Everton side last season, often next to Cuco Martina, Ashley Williams and a young Kenny and they'd struggle. Later on in the season, he did start to settle/look better when Coleman and Baines come back, and we settled with Jagielka an Keane rather than Williams.

I wouldn't read too much into Zouma having no option to buy.

He does well here I think we'll sign him up for around 20mil.

Got to go zouma/Mina when he's ready.

Coleman, Zouma, Mina, Digne is a very good defence on paper.
Agree
I cant see him getting into the Chelsea setup .
Too many options plus too much money.
Young Ampadu is going to become world class no matter where he plays CB DM or sweeper.
The lad has everything in his locker.
Makes me feel old when i remember his dad as a kid playing for Belvedere in Dublin alongside my mates son.

Given it's only me that has said Keane, I assume this is at me?

Well, him not playing hasn't influenced my opinion at all.

10th August.
For me, I think Keane is clearly third choice ahead of Holgate. Thought he’d done well the first few games of the season so the injury came at an unfortunate time for him

Think Zouma & Keane together would be too slow a pairing. Zouma & Mina sounds good on paper, both good in the air and Zouma seems quick

Keane is fast, but he lacks agility and the ability to anticipate anything. Zouma and Mina are probably it, although Mina is still REALLY RAW. Holgate's lack of concentration and decision making with the ball was just so poor last week, he just seems to be a bit far away. He's a terrific guy on the bench, though, as he can also play RB.

Keane and Mina is presume. Zouma wasn't all that last week and Keane had just found some good form til he got evertoned

Status
Not open for further replies.