2018/19 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is one of the slowest forwards in the league, if not the slowest. He doesn't have physicality on his side to make up for his extreme lack of pace.

Those are issues with his physical attributes, what I'm most concerned about is his apparent lack of basic footballing ability. He is unable to hold up the ball, lost count of how many times center halves just brush him aside, or the ball bounces off his first touch far away. He just seems to be a very limited footballer with no outstanding qualities you'd expect for this level and the fee paid.

Hopefully he'll come good but in 6 months so far, he's been not far off from being an abject failure.

Hate when the day finally arrives when it is proven that a player isn't up to it. Unfortunately that day was today. Despite all the defensive mistakes we would have won that game today if he had taken his chances which weren't all that difficult. Shame, but we need to be getting someone better in. Which will cost money, lots of it.

That was one of the worst centre forward displays seen at Goodison.

Niasse is even worse.

Might as well play DCL centrally , at least he may benefit from the experience

today was woeful, up to now he's been decent. needs to show serious improvement against arsenal otherwise i'd give dcl a run up top, if not richarlison.

in fact a front 3 of bernard, richarlison, walcott sounds quite appealing right now

You’d have Arnautovic over him every day of the week. I was supportive initially, but this bloke isn’t young, he’s not going to improve. We needed a striker and Walsh went for the only one who seemed available and we let them take us for a ride with the fee to boot. Not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.