New Everton Stadium Discussion

he defo is sat in his mars boxroom with a full Ev kit from 86 on isn't he..

hes been havin us off for years!

He deffo needs to source his info better, that's for sure.

Either that or wait until the provenance of his info has been checked out properly before " announcing " things.

At the mo, his credibility is on a par with Damo.

so you think the plan is to recoup the money by selling pickford at the end of the season? It just seems alot of money to borrow if we are planning on building a stadium and putting money into the build, then borrowing on credit for transfer's etc. Seems like a student whos just been given their first credit card. Well unless if they have a rich daddy to pay it off...
I donrt know what the plan is mate. It's Everton though so it'll be a matter of robbing Peter to pay Paul, as it always is.

I donrt know what the plan is mate. It's Everton though so it'll be a matter of robbing Peter to pay Paul, as it always is.

So you say you don’t know what the plan is but then proceed to say it’s taking money from one stream to pay the debts for another revenue stream

Your first seven words were correct but the rest is the usual unsubstantiated tripe

Cheers Dave ;)

Esk is preaching caution... and correctly so.

However, on the grand scale of things his summaries and predictions Everton related have been wildly off the mark.
His predictions relating to our targets two windows ago were wrong.
His predictions about Moshiri/ Usmanov/Everton/Arsenal have all been blown out of the water leaving only Usmanov to officially take some ownership for a clean sweep of incorrectness.

Given that he hasn't had a clue in the past about Everton or anything to do with the club it is reasonable to assume that his current guesswork is also erroneous. I don't for one second doubt his thought are genuine but are no more than that and follow on from a poor record of getting things right in the past.

My own belief is that there is a grand plan and there has been from day one of Moshiri arriving at Everton.
This plan may involve Usmanov at some future date or somebody else, but this is a plan unfolding albeit with a couple of major hiccups en route.

Given his connection with Arsenal it wouldn't surprise me if initially Usmanov may not directly get involved with Everton but may do so unofficially through another associate or partner.
His view of what was happening at Arsenal with Usmanov was narrowly focussd on football matters. It required factoring in geo-political matters too. Because that's what's happened here: Putin's cronies are getting the bums rush out of the west and that's what Usmanov will be doing shortly/....just before the FBI come calling.

His view of what was happening at Arsenal with Usmanov was narrowly focussd on football matters. It required factoring in geo-political matters too. Because that's what's happened here: Putin's cronies are getting the bums rush out of the west and that's what Usmanov will be doing shortly/....just before the FBI come calling.

didn't realise you were CIA mush !

Dave. I think the difference with somebody like Moshiri/Usmanov is they can see the money to be made... wheras the rest of us mortals see the money that can be lost.The stake Usmanove held in Arsenal is a classic case. Although powerless at the club it was a brilliant investment and made him a pot of money.

I believe Moshiri/Usmanov could look at a club like Everton and see the potential to make a fortune here as well.... just as every owner of every Premiership club does... bar none.
There has been a huge investment by the owners of Man City/ Chelsea and yet if they sold up today they would still make money.
Usmanov's 'association' with Everton today = bravado. That's all this is.

Why is there even an ounce of credibility being placed on this story of him tipping up here? It's a cruel delusion.

So you say you don’t know what the plan is but then proceed to say it’s taking money from one stream to pay the debts for another revenue stream

Your first seven words were correct but the rest is the usual unsubstantiated tripe

Cheers Dave ;)
Well that's what the summer's activities look like mate. Maybe we should ignore the Companies House data and just assume the money tree was given a vigorous shake?

Depends how you look at it I guess.
Well, in the absence of full empirical evidence to confirm one way or another the source of summer spending I'd be more inclined to judge what's happened (and will happen again) as a continuation of a long tradition of stretching the limits of club finances. That would be the safe bet.

Well, in the absence of full empirical evidence to confirm one way or another the source of summer spending I'd be more inclined to judge what's happened (and will happen again) as a continuation of a long tradition of stretching the limits of club finances. That would be the safe bet.

Not an unreasonable point, lets be honest. But maybe we are breaking with tradition? We wont know either way for a while yet anyrate.