Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,259 92.3%

• Total voters
Maybe the massive increase in our season ticket prices have paid for this...hold on, mines not gone up that much.

Maybe the increase in spending and player wages are specific to Everton burning the tv money, hold on isn't it relative to all clubs?

I wonder where this money is coming from then

Maybe the massive increase in our season ticket prices have paid for this...hold on, mines not gone up that much.

Maybe the increase in spending and player wages are specific to Everton burning the tv money, hold on isn't it relative to all clubs?

I wonder where this money is coming from then

Mr moshiri and Mr usmanovs secret friend

That first part is all well and good but the model was doing more with less which can a. only go so far and b. only last so long. Granted we haven't got going yet but wind it in with the 2002-2016 being the "good old days"

The first part massively neglects that other teams have improved. Put our glorious team of the past up against the current top 6 and we would have finished 7th at best then also. Spurs and City were not really at the races in the early part of that run, the RS had their worst side in a while during the middle, even Utd after Ferguson gave us a chance to finish ahead of them.

Before Moshiri we gained top 6 spots in half the seasons stretching back a decade; before Moshiri we had a coherent football model; before Moshiri we had an identity.

We're an almighty mess, a shambles of a club going through managers like Watford. We now look to Silva to rectify that. If he does it it'll be down to him and him alone.

i never thought i'd read someone yearning for a return to the days of good old Bill. (is that you Bill?)

i never thought i'd read someone yearning for a return to the days of good old Bill. (is that you Bill?)
I'ts not a yearning for the Kenwright days. I was merely placing what happened back then in comparison with what's happened since Moshiri arrived and when you do that you find this latter period wanting. THAT is how bad it's been.

It's a very fickle subject. If the poll was reset now most fans would be saying he's done a good job. If we perform badly up to the January window he'd probably have been seen again as throwing money at unproven players. I am happy with him. I remember the pain we had over two decades under Kenwright. If Kenwright was still running the show do you think we'd have Bernard, Richarlison, Walcott, Sigurdsson, Digne, Mina, Gomes, Pickford all in the same team?

I'ts not a yearning for the Kenwright days. I was merely placing what happened back then in comparison with what's happened since Moshiri arrived and when you do that you find this latter period wanting. THAT is how bad it's been.

Do you actually believe that if Moshiri hadnt have come on board we would be better off... financially, as a brand and on the pitch? Youve more unsubstanciated stats than a kopite you pal *you know the ones dressed head to toe in merchandise on non-match days*

The facts are there that PROVE we are in a better position going into this season than we ever have been since the conception of the premier league.

Last edited:
Before Moshiri we gained top 6 spots in half the seasons stretching back a decade; before Moshiri we had a coherent football model; before Moshiri we had an identity.

We're an almighty mess, a shambles of a club going through managers like Watford. We now look to Silva to rectify that. If he does it it'll be down to him and him alone.
That’s utter bilge mate and merely you positioning yourself so that any success under Silva can somehow be ‘in spite’ of Moshiri, and thus exempt you from having to eating dirt when it comes to Mosh.

Do you actually believe that if Moshiri hadnt have come on board we would be better off... financially, as a brand and on the pitch? Youve more unsubstanciated stats than a kopite you pal *you know the ones dressed head to toe in merchandise on non-match days*

The facts are there that PROVE we are in a better position going into this season than we ever have been since the conception of the premier league.
We sold two players for £150M alone, then the rest who have been sold since he's been here plus the massive hike in tv cash since he arrived. Add that together. It isn't rcoket science about how we've come to be spending out on players...and btw, half of them are loan deals or free transfers this summer.

Name me ONE solitary way this club has stepped forward under Moshiri....ONE.

We have regressed from an organisation that were respected to one that has become a by-word for poorly run football club.

Don't see any problem with Moshiri. He has provided ample funds for managers. The only problem we have had is selection of staff. Koemans first season improved us from the mess Martinez left but then proceeding to mess up things himself.......rightly sacked. The hardest job is to hire the correct people and when he does hire them they come with a decent rep so not really a fault of Moshiris. He is searching for what is best for the Club. Regardless, he has provided funds for them and I cannot see what else he can do. Allardyce came in to steady the ship, he did albeit with 'orrible football so he is sacked and we start again. That is the way football is. Good owner to have anywhere as he is attempting to move us on.....he may do that he may not do that!!! but he is trying and do his best to get us out of the stagnation of the previous 20-30 years. Thumbs up for me