Brands stamps his authority

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I have nothing against Brands. I've explained that. But here's how I see it: the hierarchy of the club on the playing side of things is....

Manager

Assistant manager

First team coaches

Captain of the team

The rest of the players

Director of football

Nope.

Its :

DoF

Duncan
Franny
Unsy
Jimmy Martin
Doris the tea lady
The players
The Mosh
Silva

i think brands is more like a CEO / DoF ... as its him with the most experience here of how to correctly run a football club.

aslong as he does actually know what he's doing and isn't another wlash type (I'm certain he isn't) then I haven't got a problem with this at all.

Moshiri needed to hire a strong character with good all round footballing knowledge and it seems he has recruited well for a change

would like to see brands on the board too.

Oumar Niasse’s whole time at Everton has been plagued by transfer rumours, and this summer is the same - with the Senegalese attacker wanted by Turkish giants Galatasaray.

I don't see why we'd want rid when he's proven capable as a good backup option and super sub, for the money we'd get for him it's not worth selling for what he brings for us

Unless a club is offering stupid money north of £20mil then we may as well keep him for squad depth without selling him to replace him with someone who may or may not gel with the team and tactics

i think brands is more like a CEO / DoF ... as its him with the most experience here of how to correctly run a football club.

aslong as he does actually know what he's doing and isn't another wlash type (I'm certain he isn't) then I haven't got a problem with this at all.

Moshiri needed to hire a strong character with good all round footballing knowledge and it seems he has recruited well for a change

would like to see brands on the board too.
Quite possibly. Baxendale looks like a sinecure. It looks PR-driven. She certainly has no experience of the club in that respect. Her role looks ill-defined and I doubt she has the capability to dominate the world of football as it pertains to EFC.

I cant think of a club in England where a DoF is constantly in the media and more important than the manager in that respect. Maybe its the time of the (close) season and Brands will fade into the background once the footy gets underway.

Dave, how many clubs have Directors of Football? Do they in those clubs never speak to the media?

Quite possibly. Baxendale looks like a sinecure. It looks PR-driven. She certainly has no experience of the club in that respect. Her role looks ill-defined and I doubt she has the capability to dominate the world of football as it pertains to EFC.

That comment Dave is sexist. She is no mug and very intelligent.

No. I have nothing against Brands. I've explained that. But here's how I see it: the hierarchy of the club on the playing side of things is....

Manager

Assistant manager

First team coaches

Captain of the team

The rest of the players

Director of football
Agree to disagree. The GM/DoF structure could work. It might be a relatively new idea for european football, but it has worked elsewhere in other sports.

In my opinion, and especially in a game where tactics are becoming increasingly important, having the manager too involved in the recruitment of players, and selling of players, takes away from his ability to do his day job, which is to win football matches.

all club business defo goes thro Brands.

What do people want? Billy K advising Moshiri, or Brands? It is clear to me that Moshiri has changed the club structurally, bringing in people of quality at key posts, replacing some dross and working around Kenwright, whilst leaving him a title and a "role".

It follows that the DoF sits on the board and advises football stuff, that is his department and he has budgetary control and oversight of it. His underlings do not perform, he is responsible to take action. Classical business set up.

The manager has to organise pre-season, no doubt his predecessor (I can't type his name anymore) has left trips to various pie factories and running around his breakfast plate as the pre-season strategy and team preparation. So the new manager has 4 weeks to put in place his plans - that is quite a tight time frame.

No doubt the two of them will be working on ins and outs, selecting from a squad that so under-performed, having to work out who they think is worth salvaging and who needs to be jettisoned. We have the advantage here, we have had to turn up and watch those muppets so we know their worst - the question really is, if they produce their best, are they good enough and can the new man get the best out of them.

A tricky few weeks and probably under the highest microscopic examination they have ever had to endure. Good luck chaps.

That comment Dave is sexist. She is no mug and very intelligent.
It's not. It's based on her experience in the football industry..which as far as I can ascertain is limited to internal Everton business - primarily the EitC link.

Status
Not open for further replies.