Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you get older the legacy you leave becomes more important than the money you leave after your death... for the super wealthy anyway.

We see so many billionaires who are involved in philanthropic activities and others who want to leave something behind that they will be remembered by.
They don't stop making money it's just that it stops being the only thing that matters.

In a footballing sense I think Sam Allyrdyce saw Everton as the chance to fulfil a dream that he has had for years to prove that he could be successful at a big football club. I think his time at Everton was about trying to build a legacy than just adding more money to a bank account that is already stuffed.

Regarding Usmanov, I think he would like to be regarded in the same was as Abramovich, known throughout the football world and beyond. It was his wish that that would happen at Arsenal but just now that seems less and less likely, he is just seen as an impotent annoyance by Kroenke and no more.

Liverpool city and Everton FC, offer a unique opportunity in that he already has a business associate entrenched at the club and at any time could take up a shareholding while fortuitously there is also a chance to make money from the development of the city while building a football empire if that was his wish.

Sam Allyrdyce passed a comment before his departure about all the stories and rumours that were floating about, he said there was usually no smoke without fire... and this is a story as well that just won't die or go away.

There is a link between them. If he ever does come in it will be after the stadium is fully funded or built. I personally cant see it happening.

Something I’ve been trying to understand since the day Moshiri arrived, is how exactly the Arsenal shareholding works.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ownership_of_Arsenal_F.C.

The ownership of Arsenal Football Club is considerably different from that of other clubs in English football. It is owned by a parent company, Arsenal Holdings plc, which has relatively few shares which are infrequently traded. Historically, the club has been owned by descendants of the Bracewell-Smith and Hill-Wood families, but since 2007 the club has attracted outside interest and two rival tycoons have acquired significant share holdings. As of 1 July 2011, the majority shareholder in the club is the American Stan Kroenke, who holds 67.05% of the parent company. His rival, the Russian-Uzbek Alisher Usmanov, owns 30.04%.[1] Under Takeover Panel rules, Kroenke must in due course make an offer for every available share in the club.[2]

UNQUOTE

- When exactly is “in due course”?
- Can he only sell to Kroenke?
- Is the share price fixed?

Just all seems ambiguous. What’s to stop Kroenke stalling for years? Usmanov doesn’t even have a voice on the board.

Something I’ve been trying to understand since the day Moshiri arrived, is how exactly the Arsenal shareholding works.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ownership_of_Arsenal_F.C.

The ownership of Arsenal Football Club is considerably different from that of other clubs in English football. It is owned by a parent company, Arsenal Holdings plc, which has relatively few shares which are infrequently traded. Historically, the club has been owned by descendants of the Bracewell-Smith and Hill-Wood families, but since 2007 the club has attracted outside interest and two rival tycoons have acquired significant share holdings. As of 1 July 2011, the majority shareholder in the club is the American Stan Kroenke, who holds 67.05% of the parent company. His rival, the Russian-Uzbek Alisher Usmanov, owns 30.04%.[1] Under Takeover Panel rules, Kroenke must in due course make an offer for every available share in the club.[2]

UNQUOTE

- When exactly is “in due course”?
- Can he only sell to Kroenke?
- Is the share price fixed?

Just all seems ambiguous. What’s to stop Kroenke stalling for years? Usmanov doesn’t even have a voice on the board.

Hes already made an offer for the shares and Usmanov did the same.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.