Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying it's all his fault but he certainly leaves alot of wreckage after he's done his Houdini act at clubs. Both reputationally to a club with his negative outlook and tactics and packing the squad with aging PL players who only know one way. Of course the mess we are in is deeper than Sam but we need to be rebuilding not keeping a sticking plaster on a festering wound.
I don't want him here for the start of next season,but to say buying four players at just under 20 million to keep Sunderland up.One of them we wanted to take off them at a good profit is wreckage?

This is true but I think our fans need to find a balance in expectations and show some patience if/when the new manager is brought in, or we are going to come across as very deluded and similar to the likes of West Ham with their laughable 'West Ham Way'.

Allardyce needs to be replaced by a manager who can have a plan for the future, maintain some stability, but also have us going in to every game believing we can win with attractive football on display for a considerable number of games. I fear that some are going to call for Allardyce to leave, and then expect a new manager to just instantly have us challenging the top 5/6 next season, then the top 4 after that.

It's very unlikely. If Arsenal continue to decline then 6th is potentially up for grabs, but they still have some very very good players in their side including 2x £55m+ strikers.

If a new manager comes in and gets us playing well, actually tries to win away from home and against the top 6, but ends up 7th, I think most of us will accept that. We just can't afford to have a season where we go backwards like this one. I don't even mind us having a few stable seasons in 7th if the football is exciting, and we get some good moments say, finally win a derby or away at Arsenal or Chelsea. Then if that manager isn't ready to take us on, with the new Stadium drawing closer by that point we can potentially go for a manager that is out of our league at the moment.
A trophy along the way would help too. This is exactly what happened in Martinez first year and most fans where more than happy.

apology if I am asking a stupid question just I am not sure I believe what I am seeing , are you saying that the majority of Everton supporters at the Southampton game are going there hoping Everton lose and or shout for Southampton ? :confused:
IF some believe he will still be here next season and a defeat would put the final nail in his coffin then yes.

Lets put it this way. If you think the board are still undecided and a defeat tomorrow meant that it would guarantee he's gone would you take that?

One of the most baffling things I keep seeing regarding people's myopic, unwilling-to-shift view of Allardyce is the claim of "look at the state of the clubs once he's left them".

So, a man leaves a job, where an owner, chairman, chief exec, director of football and 20 professional footballers remain, the club goes to [Poor language removed], and it's somehow his fault?

Bear in mind that apart from Utd, Arsenal, Us, Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs, every club has had a limited lifespan in the Premier League, so it is almost inevitable that these clubs will at some point in the short-mid term future, be relegated once more.

Now take a look at those clubs Allardyce has managed.

West Ham. Nothing to do with Bilic who couldn't organise a team?
Sunderland. Yep, deffo Sams fault that a team who'd finished bottom 6 for 10 years went down.
Bolton. Team with no money and squad worth about £25m always going to maintain top 7, weren't they?
Blackburn. Can't believe Steve Keen struggled so much, I mean, he was clearly a great manager.
Newcastle. Absolute s***show of a club with an owner milking the club, who gave Pardew an 8 year contract. Only one thing ever happening with that club. BTW, plenty clamouring for Rafael as our next manager, despite him actually being relegated.

You have a very warped logic if you spout this accusation and actually believe it.
There are three ways, as far as I can see, that you can interpret the fact that many of the clubs Allardyce has left have fallen on difficult times.

1. It's a coincidence - the least likely, in my opinion.

2. That the clubs that have recruited Allardyce in recent times had major structural problems before, during and after Allardyce's tenure

3. That Allardyce's approach to squad building is only sustainable in the short-term and, if this is not recognised quickly by the new incumbent, then this may have a detrimental effect on the medium term performances of the club

Occam's razor would suggest that it can't be all Allardyce's doing but, equally, that he is a common factor in an ongoing trend and his contribution cannot be discounted. Therefore, in my view, a combination of points 2 and 3 seems to be the answer that relies on the least number of assumptions.

Might have started that way but it’s not as though he’s a first year audit graduate. He’s A very experienced highly successful businessman who is making a pigs ear of Everton at the moment.

Aye he is.

I think running a football club is slightly different to a lot of businesses though as you are at the mercy of the idiots on the pitch!

I think anyone who wants to run a football club is a bit daft anyway.

Hes just thankfully letting us know definitively that hes leaving.

Its already come out that Moshiri's vision was for us to compete for Champions league by year 3, much less top 7. BFS is saying his vision is just to maintain 8th. When your vision doesnt match up with the big mans vision, you get canned.

8th to allardyce is akin to winning the champions league.. he's normally languishing in 18th all year and surviving by skin of his teef

Status
Not open for further replies.