Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just preparing myself for the onslaught of fume and the "oh no look at what he said about next season nooooooo he must be staying boooooooo go away gravy tits"

There is a problem with your argument because quite simply, it's completely biased as usual against Allardyce.

Spurs are better than us in pretty much every department and finished 2nd last season - 25 points ahead of an Everton side that had a 25 goal a season striker in it. We were 9 points behind Spurs at the time you mention because we were only 14 games in to the season. They have also improved a lot since then which is why if they win their game in hand they will go in to 3rd position. The goal difference argument is another selective argument that is far less important than actual points.

You say we haven't improved. When Allardyce came in, we had the 3rd worst defence in the league (28 conceded) - with only West Ham (30) and Stoke (29) having conceded more than us. Since he has been here we have the 9th best defence in the league (so have gone from 18th to 9th). From 28 goals conceded in 14 games, to 26 goals conceded in 22 games. That looks to me like an improvement.

In the time that he has been here, we have gone from having the 13th best form in the league, to the 6th best form in the league. The results have improved, the performances under him haven't really and that is where he should be criticised.

I agree that Allardyce is not the man to take us forward.

Nah i am not biased. When he first came in i gave him the benefit of the doubt and got behind him and wanted him to do well but he simply hasn't. After the new manager bounce, i have had to put up with 4 months of negative dross football, ego based management, mind games, blame shifting, disrespect towards the club and supporters and much more. There are various ways of looking at his performance which includes cherry picking (for and against) so its pointless going round in circles really. One thing we can all agree on though is that he is definitely not the man to take us forward.

So our only choice is Big Sam?! Pull the other one you have fallen for his narrative. Most seasons our points tally would not be 8th it's a false position. We could easily struggle again next season with him in charge.
I mean I don't like BFS but I'm 99% sure that will be down to work permit issues and nothing to do with gravy tits...

Nah i am not biased. When he first came in i gave him the benefit of the doubt and got behind him and wanted him to do well but he simply hasn't. After the new manager bounce, i have had to put up with 4 months of negative dross football, ego based management, mind games, blame shifting, disrespect towards the club and supporters and much more. There are various ways of looking at his performance which includes cherry picking (for and against) so its pointless going round in circles really. One thing we can all agree on though is that he is definitely not the man to take us forward.

This

It's very easy to cherry pick stats. They don't always paint an accurate picture. Context could add that we sunk to 19th in the league for Shots, shots on target, chances created and dribbles, almost went 400 mins without a shot on target, got obliterated by Spurs and Arsenal, lost to Watford and Burnley who were both on terrible form

If you add this to the fact that he completely lacks any shred of class, is negative and slates the fans then I don't think it's surprising that fans aren't willing to sacrifice style for mediocrity. This was BFS chance to prove that he's more than a firefighter, a chance that he's monumentally c**ked up from many angles

Better the devil you know eh? We've had a few posters suggesting that Sam, could fulfill a future potential remit, he's got us to 8th, could press on, better the devil you know, be careful what you wish for....Grow a pair. This is as good as it gets. Period.

If you want to see the future of Everton with Sam Allardyce at the helm? Forget, Europe, forget trophies, satisfy yourself with boring low scoring wins against Premiership strugglers and complete capitulations against the top six. Show some pride.

There isn't a club in the top ten who would hire him. And he's considered good enough for us, with our history? Despite the mocking, our motto still means something. If you abandon that, you kill the soul of the club and the memory of the players who fought with distinction for that blue shirt.

"If you know your history" Yeah I do. And every moment this manager is bridled with our club and the utter ineptness of our board that tolerates this, it's a stain on our history. There's only one way forward. Clear leadership from the top down and a manager or even a director of football that can implement a coherent strategy.

Moshiri remarked that the club shouldn't be a museum. Tell me why we have boardroom members, staff and players that belong in one, when you've been involved in the club for two years?

Better the devil you know eh? We've had a few posters suggesting that Sam, could fulfill a future potential remit, he's got us to 8th, could press on, better the devil you know, be careful what you wish for....Grow a pair. This is as good as it gets. Period.

If you want to see the future of Everton with Sam Allardyce at the helm? Forget, Europe, forget trophies, satisfy yourself with boring low scoring wins against Premiership strugglers and complete capitulations against the top six. Show some pride.

There isn't a club in the top ten who would hire him. And he's considered good enough for us, with our history? Despite the mocking, our motto still means something. If you abandon that, you kill the soul of the club and the memory of the players who fought with distinction for that blue shirt.

"If you know your history" Yeah I do. And every moment this manager is bridled with our club and the utter ineptness of our board that tolerates this, it's a stain on our history. There's only one way forward. Clear leadership from the top down and a manager or even a director of football that can implement a coherent strategy.

Moshiri remarked that the club shouldn't be a museum. Tell me why we have boardroom members, staff and players that belong in one, when you've been involved in the club for two years?
Fantastic post, totally agree

I agree with this. I think he has done a reasonable job this season in terms of getting us 8th which was realistically the best possible finish we could have got.

Next season that all changes and the demand for a top 6 challenge is back on the table, and I don't think he will get us there. He has proven this season already that when it comes to competing against the top 6 he can't get us wins, and when we go away from home, he is content for draws, even at the poorest sides in the league.

That mentality is one that will get the club finishing between 7th-10th. We want better than that and given all the talk from Moshiri when he arrived, and our regular top 6/7 finishes under Moyes, we are entitled to want better, with good football on display.

Status
Not open for further replies.