Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to understand. A big city club, big money, new stadium in the offing..........they should be queuing up FFS.
Its easy to understand a top managers worries, new stadium = reduced transfer money, no solid timeline on build, disgruntled and demanding fanbase, pretty poor squad overall and we are already being told that Klassen etc. will be staying, to me that indicates that any new manager will not get 200m to spend and will mostly have to make do with what we have.
[Poor language removed] hes staying isn't he ?
Goal article linking, us sort, of to Silva http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/ever...ture-remains-in-the/v3v46333gisf1u8uw6a8syjn9

Some of our fans expectations have dropped so low, it’s sad.

Has he done a good job, really?

His tactics haven’t changed one bit, the football has no pattern, and he was still using the same formation and players as Koeman and Unsworth. He was also lucky Baines, Coleman and Jagielka all came back at the same time.

Add to that the rest of the teams below us are more gash than we are.

He's been awful with us, I admit. We have no discernible "tactics" at all save trusting to luck to be honest.

And yet we are in eighth place in the league.

How can a club sack a manager who has achieved that, at least?

When Allardyce took over, we were in 13th place with a -11 GD and 9 points behind Spurs. We are now in 8th place with a -12 GD and 23 points behind Spurs. This clearly shows that 1). We have not improved and have in fact continued to fall behind 2). Our GD has not improved and has slightly worsened 3). We are only 8th because the league has been very poor this season from the top 5 down and 4). Allardyce is clearly not the man to take us forward. He has done as well as he has ever done since managing teams in the premier league. This was a season that if we had performed, we could have finished quite high.

Allardyce wont get sacked, he has done what he was brought into to do i.e ensure that a crap team never got relegated. If he goes, it will be by mutual agreement with a thanks and good luck.

Tell you what I’ve been popping over to that other site lately , the one with that Blue Sprout fella on. I appreciate he is highly regarded and has access to good info. But tell you what ,he’s right up Allardyce’s backside.

Its easy to understand a top managers worries, new stadium = reduced transfer money, no solid timeline on build, disgruntled and demanding fanbase, pretty poor squad overall and we are already being told that Klassen etc. will be staying, to me that indicates that any new manager will not get 200m to spend and will mostly have to make do with what we have.
[Poor language removed] hes staying isn't he ?
Goal article linking, us sort, of to Silva http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/ever...ture-remains-in-the/v3v46333gisf1u8uw6a8syjn9
The stadiums an irrelevant point at the moment, haven't agreed finance let alone started building it, Keeping allardyce and Everton new stadium have nothing in common, in 2 years time, then i'd agree, right now..no

Tell you what I’ve been popping over to that other site lately , the one with that Blue Sprout fella on. I appreciate he is highly regarded and has access to good info. But tell you what ,he’s right up Allardyce’s backside.

What other sites that mate? What’s he said?

Seems like it, i must be mad but i reckon he gonna say he leaving..........think i need more coffee

God i hope your right. It would make my weekend and i would actually look forward to the last 2 games knowing that he is going after them.

When Allardyce took over, we were in 13th place with a -11 GD and 9 points behind Spurs. We are now in 8th place with a -12 GD and 23 points behind Spurs. This clearly shows that 1). We have not improved and have in fact continued to fall behind 2). Our GD has not improved and has slightly worsened 3). We are only 8th because the league has been very poor this season from the top 5 down and 4). Allardyce is clearly not the man to take us forward. He has done as well as he has ever done since managing teams in the premier league. This was a season that if we had performed, we could have finished quite high.

Allardyce wont get sacked, he has done what he was brought into to do i.e ensure that a crap team never got relegated. If he goes, it will be by mutual agreement with a thanks and good luck.

There is a problem with your argument because quite simply, it's completely biased as usual against Allardyce.

Spurs are better than us in pretty much every department and finished 2nd last season - 25 points ahead of an Everton side that had a 25 goal a season striker in it. We were 9 points behind Spurs at the time you mention because we were only 14 games in to the season. They have also improved a lot since then which is why if they win their game in hand they will go in to 3rd position. The goal difference argument is another selective argument that is far less important than actual points.

You say we haven't improved. When Allardyce came in, we had the 3rd worst defence in the league (28 conceded) - with only West Ham (30) and Stoke (29) having conceded more than us. Since he has been here we have the 9th best defence in the league (so have gone from 18th to 9th). From 28 goals conceded in 14 games, to 26 goals conceded in 22 games. That looks to me like an improvement.

In the time that he has been here, we have gone from having the 13th best form in the league, to the 6th best form in the league. The results have improved, the performances under him haven't really and that is where he should be criticised.

I agree that Allardyce is not the man to take us forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.