Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If fat Sam kept us mouth shut we wouldn't hate him so much. 'Pundits' go: "What do they expect?" or "He's saved them." Under Koeman we were terrible. It's what he says that drives most to hate him. We can understand the bad football because that's the sort of manager he is. Get him out and start again with an attacking coach that knows what he's doing.

You only have to look at our record against Liverpool to know how much we fear and succumb the big teams in the league. It's truly shocking and nothing new - been a problem for as long as I can remember.

Oh yeah our Derby record is a disgrace as is our record away at all the big teams grounds, truly atrocious. We normally garner some points at home against them though, except maybe the RS, they seem to have a hoodoo on us for the last decade. Rolling over at Goodison is hard to stomach.

Fans are the death of a club. BFS is brought in because clubs are failing. He steadies the ship with the same players that were FAILING & bringing in some he picks up on the cheap and fans expect the team to play like Barcelona on a good day. You all need your heads examining. BFS IF GIVEN TIME AND MONEY will bring in better players so the team can play the "better football". Every team he left (nearly always because of deluded fan power) crashed afterwards because the players under him were in fact OVER PERFORMING and if you think thats bull then I suggest you look at the history.

Oh yeah our Derby record is a disgrace as is our record away at all the big teams grounds, truly atrocious. We normally garner some points at home against them though, except maybe the RS, they seem to have a hoodoo on us for the last decade. Rolling over at Goodison is hard to stomach.

It's a mentality thing which is so heavily ingrained, it takes time to reverse it.

Look I get it, you hate Sam Allardyce...

We won 2-0, any other manager you would be happy but it's big Sam...
You're right of course. In this instance I might add.

A lot of us, me included, let our hatred of the man influence our judgement, so we see negative in everything he does. I think part of that is that we're starting to worry that we may be stuck with him for another season, and the longer that goes n the more worried we become.

If that was Koeman last season, we'd have come away thinking performance first half was crap but we got the deserved result in the end. But instead we're looking for reasons to pick the performance to pieces. It is what it is and won't get any better. The big man brought it on himself with his awful football and even worse public interviews/statements.

It's a mentality thing which is so heavily ingrained, it takes time to reverse it.

I totally agree and it seems to be ingrained in the fabric of the club for quite a while and it's rubbed off on the fans. No matter how weak a Liverpool team us Blues think it is,they always have this belief they are still the best. We just seem to crumble when the pressure is on.

Just seen an after match interview with this very arrogant man and I can't wait to see the back of him. Just one more home game to show our absolute disgust at his football methods, be warned fans if we don't protest he will be here next season for sure.

He's staying.

It's not what we want, but with his results the board will not sack him.

It was good to win today and it would be churlish to take anything away from the team. Job done, pats on the back but let's call this as it is. We beat a poor side, one of many in the league. Winning when it's essential is the key. Winning at the end of the season, no pressure, ain't no cigar.

Fair play though, you beat what is front of you. Thank the Lord I don't have to be a miserable get this weekend. Watched the game again, there's positives, pressing is improving and the back line finally looks more cohesive.

Back to back wins, happy days. Well done Sam and the lads. Finish ahead of the rest of the dross though, then you've got a horse in the race. The bar is set high for a reason.

Fans are the death of a club. BFS is brought in because clubs are failing. He steadies the ship with the same players that were FAILING & bringing in some he picks up on the cheap and fans expect the team to play like Barcelona on a good day. You all need your heads examining. BFS IF GIVEN TIME AND MONEY will bring in better players so the team can play the "better football". Every team he left (nearly always because of deluded fan power) crashed afterwards because the players under him were in fact OVER PERFORMING and if you think thats bull then I suggest you look at the history.
Is that you Garth ????

We are not them though mate, and finishing in this position in such a terrible league and playing the way we do is not good enough.

As said, it's no reflection on Allardyce: you dont buy a dog and protest that he barks a lot and craps in the garden. It's a reflection on the owner if he decides this is what we are now, given his statements about how ambitious he is.

Agreed.

But I am leaning toward the idea that he has a plan to change it up. The fact that Brands has come in and the rumours about getting that rat Riola in to sort out dodgy transfers indicates a bit more class is looking to be brought in.

Personally, I just want someone to restart from the ground up.

1st time in a while that we counter attacked effectively (especially on the road). I’d like to see a team that can dominate a game and win as well. Sam is too limited as a manger. Decent game plan today though.

Status
Not open for further replies.