Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. OK you're giving the West Ham game to Unsworth - OK, probably fair
2. Mirallas sold, Besic will likely be brought by Boro. The other two fell under the 'needed more experience' tag and they're getting that and will be back hopefully as you say.
3. Signings we agree.
4. We're 6 points from Europe (Burnley)...

Your post is worth the reply as it's representative of so many others. Now, maybe I'm a wool, but it's like a hatred of Sam is a priority over success for the team and club for some of our fans. I could well understand that if Mosh hadn't invested, bought Sam and made no signings. But Mosh has, and he's pushing for a stadium and trusted Konman/Walsh. As far as I can see Sam has cleared up an unfolding mess reasonably well. That's no CV for a growing club, but what more can he honestly do with our staring position and this squad?

My only real concern with the Anti-Sam message is that it may not play that well to mgt and potential players whom we could otherwise go after if we finish well.

Sort of "cut your nose off... etc".

As I say, I'm picking your email as a general example of a risk, not saying your leading the charge or anything.
He has met the minimum requirement but I can see no real evidence that he can move us beyond where we are now. That's why I have no interest in him staying on. I would rather we try and fail than to never bother trying and Allardyce's selections and tactics against Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City were not trying to win, they were barely even trying not to lose.

P.S. Kev's only out on loan, he'll be back for pre-season.

He's 63 years old , he's been managing football teams for the best part of 40years.
I would suggest that if you are still unaware of what he's capable of than you haven't really been looking.

Hint, the answer is not much.

He has never managed a big club like Everton so he is in unknown territory...
He has money to spend & the best squad he has probably inherited...

Whether he can take Everton forwards is a big question only time will answer properly...

Whether he can take Everton forwards is a big question only time will answer properly...
Oh ........come on!!!!!
It's not he's like he's been managing Rotherham United or bloody Southport all these years.
He has managed plenty of well backed premier clubs , I know we laugh at the pretensions of the Geordies and the Irons but they're hardly poorly supported tiddlers. Christ ! He's managed most of the premier league at some point or other, and do you know what he's won in all those years/clubs? Answer, the square root of nothing! Nada! Zip!
Jesus, West Ham resorted to installing Teddy Sheringham as an attacking coach to try to get some shots on goal.
Do you still believe in Father Christmas as well?

No one really knows what he is capable of until he is given a chance...
He has had a good look at the squad & he will know who he wants to keep & who he wants to sell...
He will be able to buy more players in the transfer window & improve the squad...
Then we will see what he is really capable of....

His entire career tells us what he's capable of.

Oh ........come on!!!!!
It's not he's like he's been managing Rotherham United or bloody Southport all these years.
He has managed plenty of well backed premier clubs , I know we laugh at the pretensions of the Geordies and the Irons but they're hardly poorly supported tiddlers. Christ ! He's managed most of the premier league at some point or other, and do you know what he's won in all those years/clubs? Answer, the square root of nothing! Nada! Zip!
Jesus, West Ham resorted to installing Teddy Sheringham as an attacking coach to try to get some shots on goal.
Do you still believe in Father Christmas as well?

No he is a red...

Look I am not a fat Sam fan however I do feel he has not had a fair crack at this club...
If we can get a Manager to commit to a 3-5 year plan who is young,ambitious & has great knowledge & coaching skills then great we give that a go, but until then let fat Sam manage the club without extra pressure from the fans...

That question was answered on sat, the lowest possession percentage in prem history, with the best squad he has inherited

That question was answered on sat, the lowest possession percentage in prem history, with the best squad he has inherited

He did mess up against city with a bad formula of personnel & tactics...

I did expect better tbh & it was not good enough, he hopefully will learn from that & put some younger legs in the midfield for the derby on Saturday...

But a manager is judged by the season not just one game...

I did expect better tbh & it was not good enough, he hopefully will learn from that & put some younger legs in the midfield for the derby on Saturday...

He’s being judged by the Reign hes here.... which is that he’s an awful manager other than to stay up. He’s getting sacked and i can’t wait

It has been the same when he has played spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, United and the 1st derby. We never stood a chance in any of those games.

That’s not forgetting the WBA away we’re we had zero shots, they are bottom of the league.

There is no place for managers like him in the modern game

It has been the same when he has played spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, United and the 1st derby. We never stood a chance in any of those games.

That’s not forgetting the WBA away we’re we had zero shots, they are bottom of the league.

There is no place for managers like him in the modern game

He can only work with the players he has got, he needs time to rebuild this team & get rid of the players he does not want to expect him to turn it round in 4.5 months is totally unreasonable...

The top six are better teams than us ATM so it was not surprising we struggled against these teams..

Any manager coming in will need time, we can not keep sacking our managers on knee jerk reactions we have to give them time to build a team....

He can only work with the players he has got, he needs time to rebuild this team & get rid of the players he does not want to expect him to turn it round in 4.5 months is totally unreasonable...

The top six are better teams than us ATM so it was not surprising we struggled against these teams..

Any manager coming in will need time, we can not keep sacking our managers on knee jerk reactions we have to give them time to build a team....

I agree with giving managers time. But you have to believe they have a long term strategy and footballing ethos first! What is Big Sam's? His ceiling is seventh/ top ten at best, maybe that represents rebuilding but we need to try at least to compete in the medium to long term.This fella is only concerned with his own reputation he does not care about Everton so he lowers expectations he gives up against any top six team and just tried not to get beat in most away games. He's a bang bang average manager there is nothing to be gained by letting him have more time nothing but more utter dross fiotball, more decline, more 'Premier league experienced' players, more negativity more destruction to Everton.

Last edited:
Big Sam is clever & very under estimated he knows exactly what this job entails...

You can not seriously say he has been given a fair crack at this job after 4.5 months...
If he stays for next season( and it is by no means certain that he won't) then I think he will do a solid job and again we will be safe in the upper half of the table . We will be able to win against teams around us and below us at home and will pick up some points away as well.
We will be nowhere near the top six and the fans will getting more unhappy as time passes.

I think he will lose his job as much because he has not been able to turn the fans to his side as for the inept performances on the field in too many games.
When he was appointed I was genuinely afraid we could slip into relegation trouble because we were truly awful.
But, at the same time, I think that what he has done since his arrival is the minimum we would have expected. Sounds contradictory I know but after the first four or five games when survival was almost assured we have not progressed at all really in spite of spending about 55m on two players who have done well for us.

You really believe that “working with the players he has got “ us the only variable to building a successful team
I would suggest other factors are involved
Tactical know how
Motivational and other man management skills
Style
Charisma
Positive engagement with the club and its fans
Etc etc all contribute ...

Status
Not open for further replies.