New Everton Stadium Discussion

He is beginning to irritate me now as well tbh.

I like his enthusiasm but clearly the timeframe for this whole development is nowhere near capable of keeping up with his desire to comnunicate on it.

He seems to be a bit of a free spirit which comes from being your own boss to a degree but knowing when to say nothing is also very handy.

The starting capacity is just part of the question, we should also be asking what figure should the stadium be able to expand to.

Most agree on 60000 at the moment, which I'd be happy with but we're currently an above mid table club who haven't achieved anything for years.

What is our potential if this stadium does elevate us to regular Champions League football, and do start winning things over the following decade after we move there?

An extra 10k 15k? 20k even? Should we be asking if this will be able to expand to 70000, or even 80000?

The starting capacity is just part of the question, we should also be asking what figure should the stadium be able to expand to.

Most agree on 60000 at the moment, which I'd be happy with but we're currently an above mid table club who haven't achieved anything for years.

What is our potential if this stadium does elevate us to regular Champions League football, and do start winning things over the following decade after we move there?

An extra 10k 15k? 20k even? Should we be asking if this will be able to expand to 70000, or even 80000?

Currently we average 39k at Goodison with bargain basement ticket prices that mean we generate only £14m a season from match day income. Surely we would need regular CL Football and to be winning things just to fill a 60k stadium at meaningful ticket prices of around £40-£50 a game. Adding 10 to 20k to a 60k Stadium is horrendously expensive unless it is through safe standing.

Currently we average 39k at Goodison with bargain basement ticket prices that mean we generate only £14m a season from match day income. Surely we would need regular CL Football and to be winning things just to fill a 60k stadium at meaningful ticket prices of around £40-£50 a game. Adding 10 to 20k to a 60k Stadium is horrendously expensive unless it is through safe standing.

It is important not to downplay the effect a new stadium has on the desire for supporters to start attending. We have been selling out 39K for well over a year now with all the negatives Goodison has with views and lack of facilities etc.

All the other clubs that have moved have had significant increases that neutral supporters would probably mock them for had they claimed they would achieve those attendances when they were still at the old ground.

I noticed that Brighton are averaging 30K this season. That is more than Wolves are getting who are walking the Championship (and have a far bigger fanbase), and is only slightly below 2 clubs with sizeable fanbases in Leeds and Villa who are getting 32/31K. Would anyone have believed that possible of Brighton looking at their previous attendances? In 2011, they were averaging 7K which is less than the likes of Lincoln and Luton in the current 4th tier. They moved ground and are now among the top 15 average attendances in English Football. West Ham's previous record attendance was 42K and they had never averaged over 35K in their entire history. They're now in the top 4 for attendances in English Football because they have the capacity to get those crowds with the right prices and season ticket deals.

We aren't a West Ham though, and we're certainly not a Brighton. We are a club who has been capable of getting 78,000 when interest was highest, and our ground allowed it, and one of only 8 clubs in the Country to average over 50K in a single season. The other 7 clubs have all had the benefit of a ground move or expansion that we haven't had as well.

If they make provisions for it now in one or two stands then then it will be cheaper than moving ground again.

That post is based on mine and others wants to start with 60k btw. If you wanted us to start on a lower figure then the same principle would apply but with lower figures, eg, start 55k, but expand to x, y.
Edit:just read @EFC78 post above it's better than my effort.

With the tv deal being huge, do we really need to rely on massive hikes in tickets prices like @Dabluez Is suggesting? Can't we go in the opposite direction and make them even lower, do great family deals so we do end up selling 60k+ tickets and in turn make more money from the retail/hospitality side of things on matchday as more people = more folk spending dollar.

With the tv deal being huge, do we really need to rely on massive hikes in tickets prices like @Dabluez Is suggesting? Can't we go in the opposite direction and make them even lower, do great family deals so we do end up selling 60k+ tickets and in turn make more money from the retail/hospitality side of things on matchday as more people = more folk spending dollar.

Yes, a new stadium will allow a greater range of prices than we can ever offer at GP. I think their research knows this.

Fully believe everton will keep prices as low as they can, the club prides it’s self on that.

We should be charging premium on hospitality; i tried to get hospitality for 4 of us back in October only to be told it’s sold out for the season. To me that screams that hospitality has been way too cheap, yes its a fine balance but you don’t want it to be sold out all the time imo

If it is less than 60k, there is going to be uproar. Meis has mentioned 60,000, 61,878 and then the Superbowl stadium, which was in the excess of 65,000+. You don't do that to fans and then deliver below the 60k.
They'll just use the Commonwealth games plan, but save 2 lots of cash.
1) no cost of running track and removal
2) no cost of adding to the CWG capacity...48k

Straight to 52,000 - with promises that it will be upgradeable to...think of a number...60+k maybe even the iconic 61878.
Like the Park End? Until we found out that they'd skimped on the required foundation strength.
Edit; no change out of 600M for a half acred job

If it is less than 60k, there is going to be uproar. Meis has mentioned 60,000, 61,878 and then the Superbowl stadium, which was in the excess of 65,000+. You don't do that to fans and then deliver below the 60k.

The reaction on here would be absolutely hilarious if it was below 60k.

Sorry pal, but this is utter madness.