New Everton Stadium Discussion

“The fan consultation and potential design implications of that, progressing forward with Liverpool City Council and progressing forward with other funding streams.”

Interesting. ‘Other funding streams’ I’m assuming is naming rights.

Arsenal have just announced a 5 year extension to their naming rights worth over 200 million!

Shocking mate. What have they done? It's rather baffling. It's been about two years since it was first announced, and now, going into Spring 2018, we're (again - haha) at the fan consultation stage and the board is now working on a way to find the money they need. You couldn't make it up!
Its becoming clearer and clearer the hope was to get the commonwealth games.

I still think there's a chance it will happen but finding funding was the reason Moshiri was brought in and it looks like he isn't having much more luck than Bill.

Ironically we've probably wasted close to 200m in the transfer market over the last few seasons. I always thought we would have been better using the increase in TV money for the stadium but unfortunately that ship has sailed. Thanks Steve Walsh.

I still think there's a chance it will happen but finding funding was the reason Moshiri was brought in and it looks like he isn't having much more luck than Bill.

Ironically we've probably wasted close to 200m in the transfer market over the last few seasons. I always thought we would have been better using the increase in TV money for the stadium but unfortunately that ship has sailed. Thanks Steve Walsh.

Have some agreement with the transfer spending being less than brilliant, to say the least.

Have zero agreement with the rest though mate.

Have some agreement with the transfer spending being less than brilliant, to say the least.

Have zero agreement with the rest though mate.
Fair enough but that's just my take. We are over 2 years in and while I know these things take time we still haven't seen one design or even applied for planning permission and are still talking of having to raise money. To me that suggests things haven't proceeded as expected.

It always worried me that Bill wouldn't hand over control and shares until the stadium was built. Almost like he didn't fully trust Moshiri.

Frankly I know people are calling for Moshiri to get rid of Bill but that's the last thing I would want. Big danger with the Commonwealth games bid being dead he would just take the extra TV money and cut spending. If he keeps Fat Sam for next season I would be very worried this is the case.

I'm not a fan of Bill but we at least have 20 years of history and we know what to expect. I still have no real idea the intentions of Moshiri especially if it gets to the point where he starts having to spend his money and not money generated by the club.

Fair enough but that's just my take. We are over 2 years in and while I know these things take time we still haven't seen one design or even applied for planning permission and are still talking of having to raise money. To me that suggests things haven't proceeded as expected.

It always worried me that Bill wouldn't hand over control and shares until the stadium was built. Almost like he didn't fully trust Moshiri.

Frankly I know people are calling for Moshiri to get rid of Bill but that's the last thing I would want. Big danger with the Commonwealth games bid being dead he would just take the extra TV money and cut spending. If he keeps Fat Sam for next season I would be very worried this is the case.

I'm not a fan of Bill but we at least have 20 years of history and we know what to expect. I still have no real idea the intentions of Moshiri especially if it gets to the point where he starts having to spend his money and not money generated by the club.

I think we are a lot closer than many think we are.

The Commonwealth Games bid didn't even become official until long after we announced the stadium. The stadium came first.

The opportunity for the CWG in 2022 only arisen after it had all started to progress.

The opportunity for the CWG in 2022 only arisen after it had all started to progress.
I think people were wary of having a track around the pitch so to prevent bad publicity that is how they wanted it to appear.

In reality I suspect the CW games was always plan A.

It was way too coincidental that we only found an investor around the same time.

An investor that seemingly has no intention of funding it himself.