Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton manager Sam Allardyce said: "It was a disaster. I think I have a lot of trouble with the players taking onto the pitch what we asked them to do. Consistency has been a worry since that burst when I came in, the fact we can perform at that level against Leicester then dip so low in the first 45 minutes against Arsenal.

"The longer and longer I go on, the players are showing so much inconsistency that I face an uphill battle trying to get them to play at their best week in, week out. It was a pathetic first-half performance."

Sam Allardyce to MOTD: "You set out to block the areas Arsenal like to play in, we had the same gameplan that Swansea had on Tuesday. We studied how Swansea played, how defensively sound they were and how they limited Arsenal to very few chances.

"Swansea only had 30% possession but created chances, but I may as well have been talking in a foreign language. We didn't implement my plans either defensively or offensively and the game was dead and buried.

"It doesn't matter what system I pick, it's about players playing to their best. You can show them but it's up to the players.

"I'm not frustrated, I'm angry, very angry at the players performing to that level. It's unacceptable."

----------------

Erm.

"we had the same gameplan that Swansea had on Tuesday. We studied how Swansea played, how defensively sound they were and how they limited Arsenal to very few chances."

You're the f'kin manager. YOU should be finding your own ways of getting your own players defensively sound. THAT IS WHAT YOU'RE BEING PAID SIX MILLION QUID FOR.

This is astounding arrogance. Why is he here? He's not even trying to manage the players himself.

Done an alright job, no more than that given the circumstances. At this point unless a very top manager wants to come I think he has to be given the start of next season.you must be frickin tripping! !

The likes of silva and maybe even Dyche will take us down.

They certainly were poor but he set the tone from the off with that team selection. It stunk of negativity and played right in to Arsenal's hands. Recent weeks have seen both Swansea and Bournemouth decide to have a go at Arsenal and both have come away with the points. I'm not for one minute going to pretend tonight we weren't the underdogs but I can't accept being beaten before a ball is even kicked.
Exactly. Beaten before a ball was kicked. Said that to my lads.

They're inconsistent - I wonder why after 5 changes and a completely different system.

If it doesn't matter what players or system he picks, what exactly is the point of him?

He's baffled - well that's reassuring.

Absolutely this.

The least Moshiri has to do here is acknowledge his mistakes and act like he's serious about achieving what he's openly set out to here. I respected his relative ruthlessness with Koeman and I expect it here, if he's to be taken seriously.

I know people are upset...

But there's no real basis for it. Turned over by top clubs but won the majority of the games against the teams we think we should beat.

Koeman's sacking was a completely different beast.

Everton manager Sam Allardyce said: "It was a disaster. I think I have a lot of trouble with the players taking onto the pitch what we asked them to do. Consistency has been a worry since that burst when I came in, the fact we can perform at that level against Leicester then dip so low in the first 45 minutes against Arsenal.

"The longer and longer I go on, the players are showing so much inconsistency that I face an uphill battle trying to get them to play at their best week in, week out. It was a pathetic first-half performance."

Sam Allardyce to MOTD: "You set out to block the areas Arsenal like to play in, we had the same gameplan that Swansea had on Tuesday. We studied how Swansea played, how defensively sound they were and how they limited Arsenal to very few chances.

"Swansea only had 30% possession but created chances, but I may as well have been talking in a foreign language. We didn't implement my plans either defensively or offensively and the game was dead and buried.

"It doesn't matter what system I pick, it's about players playing to their best. You can show them but it's up to the players.

"I'm not frustrated, I'm angry, very angry at the players performing to that level. It's unacceptable."

----------------

Erm.

"we had the same gameplan that Swansea had on Tuesday. We studied how Swansea played, how defensively sound they were and how they limited Arsenal to very few chances."

You're the f'kin manager. YOU should be finding your own ways of getting your own players defensively sound. THAT IS WHAT YOU'RE BEING PAID SIX MILLION QUID FOR.

This is astounding arrogance. Why is he here? He's not even trying to manage the players himself.
What’s missed out from those quotes is Allardyce admitting that they hadn’t had time to work on the formation/style of play since Wednesday and had just looked at videos of Swansea playing and talked it through.

Here’s a clue you Neanderthal, don’t try and play a different style/formation if you haven’t worked on it on the training pitch just play same formation/team as on Wednesday night!

Status
Not open for further replies.