• No

Votes: 241 23.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 112 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Th
...have to question the winning mentality of the 'many'. What's Big Sam ever won?

My point was not about big Sams tactics or winning things

It was the fact that he is a great coach and one that has worked well with Walcott in the past .... he will I think get the best out of Walcott ... that’s a player capable of 19 goals last season bringing pace and better quality to our attack

This deal strikes me as a panic buy - an effort to get an immediate return. If Walcott can knock in a few goals and actually give
a Cenk a decent pass from time to time this season then it will be a success. But the guy is 29 years old and his strength is pace which
given his age is on decline.

Its not my money but I would have gone for a younger, promising winger.

He's 28 Dave. Ffs. Not about to retire is he. He should be at peak performance at that age and for £20m, in this day and age of astronomical fees, it's a 'kin snip.

Y'all talking about a plan. Here's the plan: Buy better players than the ones we've currently got, buy someone who can score and buy someone who can create as well as score who also has pace to burn, something we, of course, do not have. Hell, even I can work that one out.
Precisely.
We have lots of good young players in their teens and low twenties and quite a few past it in their mid thirties.
Will be nice to get a proven quality player at their prime age.

...ahem....

Walcott was born to a black British Jamaican father and a white English mother.[10] He grew up as a Liverpool fan due to his father's support of Liverpool. When Chelsea asked him to be a ball boy, he used the opportunity to meet his Liverpool idols:

"I was playing in a tournament for Swindon when Southampton and Chelsea showed an interest. Chelsea invited me to be a ball-boy for a match against Liverpool and it was fantastic to meet my heroes Michael Owen and Robbie Fowler. I was a Liverpool fan simply because my dad followed them. Unfortunately I wasn't born when the team had their golden era, but I enjoyed watching the likes of Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler and Steve McManaman when I was growing up. When Liverpool won the Champions League last year,[11] I went mad. I was shouting so loud I think I woke up the entire village where I live!"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_Walcott

...ahem....

Walcott was born to a black British Jamaican father and a white English mother.[10] He grew up as a Liverpool fan due to his father's support of Liverpool. When Chelsea asked him to be a ball boy, he used the opportunity to meet his Liverpool idols:

"I was playing in a tournament for Swindon when Southampton and Chelsea showed an interest. Chelsea invited me to be a ball-boy for a match against Liverpool and it was fantastic to meet my heroes Michael Owen and Robbie Fowler. I was a Liverpool fan simply because my dad followed them. Unfortunately I wasn't born when the team had their golden era, but I enjoyed watching the likes of Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler and Steve McManaman when I was growing up. When Liverpool won the Champions League last year,[11] I went mad. I was shouting so loud I think I woke up the entire village where I live!"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theo_Walcott
can't even say anything when we got sammy lee on the managerial staff

Props to Steve Walsh for unearthing this gem.

Cannot believe people are trying to convince themselves that this is a good signing. We aren’t going to crack the top 6 by signing their cast-offs.

Reality check, we are not going to crack the top six for three to four years due to the damage made by our former manager, stop dreaming!

Walcott is a great signing, everyone is screaming for pace up front we have Walcott, Tosun and Bolasie, issue we have is someone to give them the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.